Theater Seating came loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theater Seating came loose

I recently purchased my GD and notice the theater seats would not recline. I found out the screws that mount it to the floor came out and the chairs slid back to the wall. The screws are about 2" long and very
    small. I looks like where they went thru the chair frame it is about 1 inch off the floor. Has anyone seen any type of modification for this? I don't think new screws will hold by them self.
    "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
    2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
    2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
    2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Jeff Barta
    Welcome to the family and the forum! My guess is you have already found the letter.
    I used (forgive the description) a stud type thingy that has a wood screw thread on one end and 1/4-20 on the other. I used holes already in the base and screwed them into the floor and used the nuts to secure the base.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I never thought of that.
      2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
      2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins

Comment

Jeff Barrett Jeff, Be careful when running screws or studs into the flooring. Double and triple check that they do not come out the bottom on a slide as they will rip the flooring.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
          Jeff Barta
          Welcome to the family and the forum! My guess is you have already found the letter.
          I used (forgive the description) a stud type thingy that has a wood screw thread on one end and 1/4-20 on the other. I used holes already in the base and screwed them into the floor and used the nuts to secure the base.
          "stud type thingy" = hanger bolt. Lol.

Ken & Sandra
          2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

I did as Jerry mentioned with the wood screw thingy (Hanger Bolt) One thing I added was 1/2 of washers to make the base between the chair rail and the floor. This helped to add stability. I just had an issue with my pull out sofas where the bottom panel came off in my hand. The manufacture used the same screws to mount this as they did the recliners (very cheap) I was able to get in and use the same holes but used a 1/4 inch tapered wood screw. I guess we will always be fixing. Love my GD
            2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
            2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins

Comment

Working...
            X