Trim Above Kitchen Slide Fell Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Above Kitchen Slide Fell Off

This is what we found when we opened up the trailer today after a short travel day. We have a 2021 Solitude 390RK, and the trim above the microwave slide fell off. You can see that the pin nails just came out of the pressed wood panel that they were nailed into, they didn't even bent. I'm looking for ideas on how to best reattach this panel, I'm not a carpenter so I need something simple that will last.
    Donnie & Pattie
    2017 F350 Dually, 2021 Solitude 390RK
    Vin# 573FS4224MAA00525

You can start with small trim nails and a pin punch to finish driving them, or many have just invested in a brad nailer. We already had a pancake compressor and hose so I went ahead and bought a $69 one at Lowes for the occasional trim malfunction or the ever growing honeydo list. A little glue in a few pieces won't hurt, but not enough to have to destruct the slide to get it back off.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I suggest either silicone or urethane glue. If using urethane glue be careful because it expands and if it gets on something it sticks. It loves water, so I typically wet both surfaces. Clamp in place and wait for either to dry.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

If you measure the thickness of the trim piece that fell off, add the thickness of the part it was attached to and then get some trim nails that are a little shorter then that and reattach , probably use about 8 or so nails , 2 in each end about 2" in from the end and then space the other out. A nail set will help you set the head of the nail just under flush , and you wont have hammer marks on the trim.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks everyone. I went to Lowes and purchased a Dewalt battery operated brad nailer, it can use 5/8 - 2" brads. I used 1 1/2 for the big trim pieces and 5/8 for the small pieces. I went around and reinforces all the other trim.
          Donnie & Pattie
          2017 F350 Dually, 2021 Solitude 390RK
          Vin# 573FS4224MAA00525

Comment

Working...
          X