Rug runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rug runners

We have a 2020 17MKE and my wife would like a rug runner when we are camping but thinks it has to be a certain kind of backing to protect the flooring. What are people using that have rug runners in their trailers?
    Robert & Jeanette
    2023 23LDE
    2018 F-150
    USCG AMT (Ret)

What we have learned is that the rug needs to be anti slip. We bought a rug set that the DW just loved only to find it was not anti slip. So we bought a few rolls of drawer liner , the rubbery no slip stuff , and tried to hot glue it to the back of the rugs. This did not work out too well but some did hold. We have caught ourselves a couple times when stepping on the rug and the rugs slips , not good for the knees ankles and heart rate. There are rugs made with a rubber backing and we have begun to look for those. The system we have is to but down the drawer liners and then the rugs , seems to be working but a pain to do.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCoasty View Post
      We have a 2020 17MKE and my wife would like a rug runner when we are camping but thinks it has to be a certain kind of backing to protect the flooring. What are people using that have rug runners in their trailers?
      Drawer liner is a good option. My DW says Dollar Tree has rug anti-slip backing that she uses. Nothing special for RVs is needed. The flooring is vinyl sheet just like you would use in a house.
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Rum runners? I like rum runners. Darn it, put my glasses on and found out we are talking about rugs. Oh well!!

We tend to get dirty, alot. Track dirt, smear mud, pine needles, sand, and much much more. So we ruin rugs pretty quick. As a result we tend to buy the cheap non-backed runners from Walmart, abuse them for a month or two, then replace. They are flat on the kitchen floor so there is not much opportunity for slippage.

Now if you want to half a laugh consider this. The stairs have a wood grain like finish. DW decided she needed to use the furniture polish on them to get them clean and shiny. And they were. I decided it was chilly and put my socks on before leaving the bedroom. My life got pretty exciting for a few seconds when I stepped on those clean shiny stairs.
        2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
        2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
        E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
        Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

JoeCoasty Plenty of rubber backed runners around, they work great! when they get dirty we simply put some soapy water on them, scrub with broom, rinse and re-use, some for several years.

Dave
          flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Just go to Lowes or Home Depot in the rug section. They have different anti slip pads (similar to drawer liners) in different large dimensions. Get one larger than your rug and cut it down to size. Put it down on the vinyl flooring then the rug on top. No more slipping. We have a 5 x 7 rug with this full size pad along with a 2 x 4 Oval rug.

Socks and wood 5th wheel stairs don't mix well. I too came close to busting my butt on a few occasions.
            Charles and Susan
            2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
            Andersen Hitch
            2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
            X