shower bench seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower bench seat

I took delivery of my Solitude 390rk in January of this year. I know that a lot of things that are installed in the units are based on availability. Our shower did not come with any type of bench, which I thought was a little odd, also the little built in shelves are pretty useless. My wife decided to try to install a holder for shampoo and necessities with the 3m self stick application but the weight and the texture of the walls would not hold. She decided to try super glue, (without my knowledge), and ended up with glue runs down the wall. Needless to say I am not happy but I don't want to start world war 3. She also but in a small wood bench seat which I told her that I have concerns of the bottom of the small legs in contact with shower pan floor possibly being too weak. Anyways what I would really like to know is that my wife saw on facebook that now Grand design is installing folding benches and a couple of wall mounted rack holders in the showers in the 390rks and possibly other models. Do you think that if I contacted Grand Design about this would I be able to get these items at no charge since I feel they should have been in there to begin with?
    Greg and Cyndi 2021 Solitude 390RK 2018 F450 DRW

I am sure you could give it a try , but I will guess the answer will be no. Give it a try though , you will not know until you ask.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

It's worth a shot asking them, the worst thing they'll say is "sorry, nope". Also just FYI, you can now order parts direct from Grand Design. Might be an option if they won't offer these parts free of charge. I did this a couple of weeks ago, and it was super fast since I had the part numbers already gathered from their Parts Lookup page. Heads up though if you live in Canada, they do charge shipping and brokerage fees, which for me ended up being most of the cost.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Thanks for the replies I'm thinking the answer will be no but I'll give them a call, it can't hurt to try.

Comment

I have a momentum 376 and it did not come with shower seat either. I think it sucks that they put in whatever is on the line that day. Some get it and some don't? No rhyme or reason? I have the bronze shower but have seen silver or chrome? Go on GD website and look through parts, I bought the exact shower seat, Installed it myself and it works great. I took the number from the GD site and ordered from amazon. Hope this helps.

Comment

gregz I know that you have probably seen this elsewhere, but in this time of covid, supply lines have been stretched thin or in some cases completely severed. Change is a constant in the lines, even before covid. At some point they changed from the puny little corner shelves in the bath to real cabinets, then to the new shower configuration and then at some point they installed the one control for Beta testing. If we had ordered ours, we would have gotten the bathroom upgrades and still missed the one control.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I know what you mean about supply shortages and the fact that some units have different items installed. I've mentioned before about wanting to order 3rd ac when I purchased my unit. It wasn't an option when mine was being built, but after I took delivery I saw that some people were able to get a 3rd one factory installed. Anyways I would like to know if anyone who has the folding bench seat in their shower could you get measurements of the mounting location on the wall so I know that I will be able to mount it to solid supports, thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X