Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Solitude 310KG countertop material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Solitude 310KG countertop material?

I didn't know whether to post this question in Interior or Tools (you'll see why). Since we peeled off the nice labels that were on the kitchen counters the day we moved in - and I don't find anything in the packet we got with the RV - I don't remember what material the kitchen island countertop is made of in our 2020 Solitude. Is it the LG material, Corian, or something else? The point being: Laura is insisting (blame it on the wife, of course) on a drinking water filter system under the sink with it's own little faucet. The system is out for delivery this afternoon and I don't know what type of drill bit to use on the countertop to mount and plumb the smaller faucet. I'm sure someone on the forum has done this and knows exactly what I need.

Thanks,

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Second Chance From what I can tell it's a man made "marble" like used in homes for many years. You should be able to look under the edge and see the wood backer. Either way, start with a 1/8" drill bit as a pilot to test / preset where you want to put the on demand filter head, and drill. Slow speed high pressure with a standard twist drill bit should do the trick. From there go to a standard High Speed Hole saw, again slow speed, high pressure, stopping to clear out the plastic chips. DO NOT LET THE BIT STOP TURNING WHILE ITS BURIED IN THE PLASTIC OR IT MAY WELD ITSELF IN PLACE.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
    X