Sliding closet door repair and upgrade on 337RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding closet door repair and upgrade on 337RLS

Recently between outings with the RV was poking my head around in the bedroom and noticed that the one side of the sliding closet door seemed spongy. Upon further investigation I found that the screws that were screwed in the top of the door were angled and had split out the back of the wood a bit. You can see how the screws are angled and had split the wood in the below pic(s). To me this looked like both a poor install and also a bad product selection. So I found the manufacturer of the door hardware and found that they sell an much more robust door mount for this rolling hardware. You can see the replacement parts I installed in the additional pictures. I also removed the screw stops that GrandDesign used to act as door stops and bought the padded ones that clamp/mount in the track that were designed to work with this hardware.

Last edited by howson; 11-30-2021, 04:49 PM.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    Wayne - MD Non-Comm Class A
    2006 F350 CC DRW (6.0 DFC Tow haul & Bulletproofed)
    2019 Grand Design 337RLS

WRingling -- can you provide a link to those new parts? I'm sure someone will want to know. (Nice work!)
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Below are the links to the upgraded door hardware that fits our 337RLS.

Upgraded door roller assembly: 1026 Side Mount Hanger 3/4" [19mm] Door | Johnsonhardware.com | Sliding | Folding | Pocket Door Hardware

Upgraded padded roller stop: 1155 Track Stop | Johnsonhardware.com | Sliding | Folding | Pocket Door Hardware

These may also be available at other cabinet type supply places but I just ordered from the manufacturer.
      <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
      Wayne - MD Non-Comm Class A
      2006 F350 CC DRW (6.0 DFC Tow haul & Bulletproofed)
      2019 Grand Design 337RLS

Comment

Working...
      X