Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentum 21G traveling with HappiJac down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum 21G traveling with HappiJac down?

I know there's a sticker on the rail that says always travel with the happy Jack bunks in the full up position but does anyone drive with them down? I'm thinking it would be nice to put a couple gear bags- maybe 50lb total on the top bunk to get them out of the way. Thoughts? I would probably fold the lower couch vertically along the wall.
    2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
    2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
    x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Originally posted by NickinCO View Post
    I know there's a sticker on the rail that says always travel with the happy Jack bunks in the full up position but does anyone drive with them down? I'm thinking it would be nice to put a couple gear bags- maybe 50lb total on the top bunk to get them out of the way. Thoughts? I would probably fold the lower couch vertically along the wall.
    We travel with bed and seats in full up position. This has caused issues for us. You probably already know this....With the Happi-Jack system there is a bar that extends from the electric motor (on the passenger side) to other rail on the drivers side. This bar is important because it lifts the drivers side seat at the same speed as the passenger side.

With both the bed and seats in full up position, the bar has come disconnected from the motor causing the drivers side seat to come crashing down on the items below. This has happened 3 times. The last time it happened (New Years at South Padre), it caused the rear passenger side vertical rail (that the motor sits on) to partially pull out of the wall. These vertical rails are attached to the exterior wall with 4 or 5 screws (which have randomly come out from other rails).

Because the top of the rail pulled away from the wall it placed a downward load on the bar causing it to become stuck which prevented me from pushing the rail back in place so I could drive more screws into it. After some "gentle" persuasion, the bar came loose and I was able to re-attach the rail with 8 or 9 screws. I also placed additional screws in the other rails.

So.....The bed in the full up position makes sense to me. The seats in the full up position is a terrible idea, in my opinion. Now we collapse the seats against the exterior walls or travel with them down while supported by the legs to the floor.

The only issue I see with placing other items on the bed is the mechanism that holds the bed in place may not be able to carry the additional load while traveling.

Long non-answer to your question
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Thank you! Your conclusion makes the most sense to me as well and will be how I travel from now on 👍
      2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
      2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
      x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Comment

Working...
      X