Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this on the 300RBTS?

GDRV-Emily or GDRV-Megan ,

​​​​​​​The "Air Force Guy" in his video review of the 300RBTS calls it a dog leash attachment. I find that hard to believe...what is this thing in the front pass-thru? I can't find any documentation on the item.

​​​​​​​-Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dog leash attachment.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	8443
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

If it's a dog leash hook, maybe it's for those over-sized dogs that some people are using to PULL their trailers now. That would be quite a dog!

A place for handcuffing misbehaving husbands? Hanging bags of tools / hardware? Anchor for a TV mount?

Good one Howard!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

I can't find it in the parts look-up for your model, but I think it might be where a swing-out TV mount goes.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
        I can't find it in the parts look-up for your model, but I think it might be where a swing-out TV mount goes.

Rob
        That would make way more sense than a dog leash attachment. Guess we'll find out when Emily and/or Megan chimes in.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          GDRV-Emily or GDRV-Megan ,

The "Air Force Guy" in his video review of the 300RBTS calls it a dog leash attachment. I find that hard to believe...what is this thing in the front pass-thru? I can't find any documentation on the item.

​​​​​​​-Howard

Name:	Dog leash attachment.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	8443
          This would in fact be a dog leash attachment. We have it in our system as "bracket pet ties w/hooks". Here's a better picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

LOL! You can see the "paw" cutout in the picture Megan posted.
            And, its got two hooks for two dogs . . . I could actually use a couple of those!

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

This would in fact be a dog leash attachment. We have it in our system as "bracket pet ties w/hooks". Here's a better picture.
              Well...not sure that was a good idea to put it there in the pass-thru, Megan. If the leash is routed through the opening in the drip tray (as the "Air Force Guy" suggested in his video) a dog of any size is going to bend and break that plastic tray. Well...maybe it would hold up to my 5 lb Pomeranian but any dog larger is gonna break it.

Having the leash drape across the pass-thru door isn't a good option, either, as the leash will inevitably chaff the gasket.

Just my humble .02, but a dog leash attachment on the camp side of the front "V" of a trailer's frame (in line with the battery rails to ensure no conflict with WD hitch hardware) would have been a better option. See arrow pointing to the suggested location below.

Name:	300RBTS Front.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	8544

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Well...not sure that was a good idea to put it there in the pass-thru, Megan. If the leash is routed through the opening in the drip tray (as the "Air Force Guy" suggested in his video) a dog of any size is going to bend and break that plastic tray. Well...maybe it would hold up to my 5 lb Pomeranian but any dog larger is gonna break it.

Having the leash drape across the pass-thru door isn't a good option, either, as the leash will inevitably chaff the gasket.

Just my humble .02, but a dog leash attachment on the camp side of the front "V" of a trailer's frame (in line with the battery rails to ensure no conflict with WD hitch hardware) would have been a better option. See arrow pointing to the suggested location below.

Name:	300RBTS Front.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	8544
                If it's there, why not just go up a few inches and attach the leash to the safety chains with a carabiner?

Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                2020 Momentum 351M
                2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
                  If it's there, why not just go up a few inches and attach the leash to the safety chains with a carabiner?
                  Good point...

Comment

Working...
                  X