Dinette bench seat cushion will not stay in place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinette bench seat cushion will not stay in place

New owner of 22MLE. The dinette bench back cushion will not stay in place and falls forward (even when not traveling). I have received suggestions to Velcro but I don’t feel that should be necessary on a new rig. I believe the issue is due to the trim around top and side of bench is too far back and not close enough to back of bench. This is creating too small of a recess for cushion to seat properly. Has anyone else hade this problem?
    Attached Files

There are several 22MLE owners here. Can you post pictures with measurements of the area? This will allow others to compare with their campers to see if it matches.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Added pictures of strip or lining around top and side. Question if this should be placed further forward to allow more space for cushion
      Last edited by Sully; 05-19-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I just looked at ours (2020) and that lip overhangs ~1/4”.
        2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
        2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        Andersen WDH
        Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
        2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
        2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Thanks for looking. I think ours needs to be moved

Comment

Ours is that way also. Cushion pops out. I haven't tried to reset the trim.
            Another project.
            Robert and Chris
            2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
            2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Our '23 2970RL has the same and other dinette cushion problems.

There is not enough of the cushion "buried" or "captured" by the frame molding, so the vertical cushions always fall out after towing. In addition, the lip at the front of the seat cushion is not tall enough and does not retain the horizontal (seat) cushion. Over a four-day camping holiday, the forward lip pulled away from structure (poorly held in by pin nails) and does nothing to retain the seat. There are two sections of Velcro on each bottom cushion from the factory and neither was adhered to the seat base, so no help there. I tried to stick the self-adhesive Velcro to the seat base but wafer board presents a terrible surface for the adhesive to try and stick. I was left with a great new way to make toothpicks!

Different trim, actual screws or nails and a different way to adhere the Velcro to the wafer board seat base are now all on the project list...

Comment

On our 23BHE, we have similar problems with the cushions falling, etc. I checked them out a little more closely and the trim position seems reasonable, but the cushions aren't large enough to generate enough friction. Not sure what my solution will be, but it does annoy me to constantly have to fix them.
                Tim H.
                2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
                2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
                Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
                Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

Working...
                X