Bedroom corner shelf modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom corner shelf modification

In our 2022 GD Momentum 21G there are small corner shelves at the headboard area of the bed. The actual shelf is so small as to be practically useless as built. What these shelves need is a retaining bar or strip to keep items on the shelf.

The addition of a retaining strip allows the secure storage of small items (phone, TV/fan remotes, decorations, etc.) on the shelf. I decided to use some oak trim I had left over from a home project. The oak trim is 1" wide and came with rounded edges. I cut to length and mitered the ends and finished with a light oak stain and a poly final seal coat. Black pan head screws were used to attach to the OEM shelving unit. You will need to drill pilot holes for the screws.

Options: In lieu of wood you could use aluminum bar stock or similar easy to bend/work with material. I also considered using some quarter round molding attached to the forward edge of the shelf but thought having a wider/higher retaining strip would be more secure for travel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	290192715_7687431561329642_663805394082929648_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.9 KB ID:	88551
    Last edited by howson; 07-01-2022, 07:31 AM.
    Frank W.

'22 GD Momentum 21G
    '05 RAM 3500 Cummins Crew Cab

Very nice, great to be able to use those shelves now.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

FAW3 -- nice! Will add to the Modification List when the next edition is compiled.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X