Heat from cabinets to the right of my fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat from cabinets to the right of my fridge

I have a GD Reflection 311BHS and am new to RVing. On our 1st and 2nd nights out, after pulling it for 8 hours in the hot southern states, that heat pours from the cabinets, unto the counterspace to the right of my fridge. It doesn't do this from the Pantry or under the island....just the 3 drawers closest to the fridge. Is that a known problem where outside air leaks up through the basement somehow? Thanks in advance.

That is quite interesting and I have not heard of this before. The 3 drawers in the lower unit of the hutch are "connected" to the pass thru storage so I would guess the heat is coming from there. The items there that would cause heat is the water heater and the furnace, which I would guess you are not using the furnace. There is a removable wall on the rearward side of the pass thru with screws on both ends, you could open this up and see if there is anything amiss, not sure what else to suggest.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      That is quite interesting and I have not heard of this before. The 3 drawers in the lower unit of the hutch are "connected" to the pass thru storage so I would guess the heat is coming from there. The items there that would cause heat is the water heater and the furnace, which I would guess you are not using the furnace. There is a removable wall on the rearward side of the pass thru with screws on both ends, you could open this up and see if there is anything amiss, not sure what else to suggest.

Brian
      I mean, its possible that it's just heat that has built up during the day but it seems hotter than the heat in other cabinets (like the pantry). I'll remove that panel and see what I see. Just wondering if others have noticed the same thing. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
      X