LCI Ground Control 3.0 jacks not able to manually level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCI Ground Control 3.0 jacks not able to manually level

I have a fault on one of my rear jacks and LCI is sending a new one. In the meantime I’m not able to raise or lower either of the rear jacks manually. I can only access the bottom 5/16 bolt and it just turns with little resistance in either direction and the jack doesn’t move. Both Jacks are this way so it leads me to believe there may be something “special” I’m not doing here. Any thoughts on why turning the 5/16 manual override bolt is not doing anything on these jacks? Here’s what I’ve tried —- disconnect power connector from jack, connect ratchet with 5/16 socket, turn in either direction and jack doesn’t move. I also tried my cordless drill with 5/16 socket. Thank you
    John and Holly
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 F250 6.2L B&W Companion

Tampa70

I just went down and tried this on my rear jack. It does work but moves at a snails pace, I had the cordless drill in low gear. I would guess that if you have a fault it may be because of a stripped gear in the gear box on the motor. Glad I checked mine and it works, thanks for bringing this up.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Tampa70 Running off the bottom of motor screw puts you at the lowest torque requirement of the drive mechanism (hence why it is so easy). As Brian states, cordless drill high about 1/2 speed and it will probably be about the same speed as when the system is working.

Other than it probably being in the 300:1 or more gear ratio there is nothing special that I know of in the electric jack.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you guys so much and I really appreciate the details Joseph. I’ll give it another try and pay attention to the slow movement. Hopefully it’s just my impatience. Thanks again.
        John and Holly
        2022 Reflection 303RLS
        2021 F250 6.2L B&W Companion

Comment

Working...
        X