Letting rear Jack's up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting rear Jack's up

I am new to level up. I can't figure out how to just let the rear Jack's up when it's time to hook up. Every thing I try it raises the front to last hitch height with rear Jack's still down and gives me an error. I am definitely doing something wrong. Lippert directions all have rehitching with just the front legs down. I'm afraid I am going to hurt it.

Originally posted by Holcomr View Post
    I am new to level up. I can't figure out how to just let the rear Jack's up when it's time to hook up. Every thing I try it raises the front to last hitch height with rear Jack's still down and gives me an error. I am definitely doing something wrong. Lippert directions all have rehitching with just the front legs down. I'm afraid I am going to hurt it.
    Welcome to the Technical Forum. Can you tell us the year and model of Grand Design unit? Those with a similar setup will be in the best position to assist.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm not sure if you have a TT or a Fifth Wheel.
      On my Fifth Wheel:
      Turn on ground control unit.
      Scroll (up/down arrows) to Auto Retract Rear Jacks.
      Push Enter. The rear jacks will start moving after 2-3 seconds. There is a delay once you push the enter buttom.

Or, I just hit Auto Reconnect and the rear jacks lift up, then the front jacks go to Hitch height (set from Auto level).

Once you learn the system, you will enjoy it.
      Steve
      2018 Reflection 303
      2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
      Diesel, Star White.

Comment

I've never used the "automatic" features of the leveling system for unhooking / hooking up - others here can help you learn about them.

However when the system isn't acting as expected you can fall back on the Manual mode that I use all the time. After powering on the system I punch the Up arrow once, menu shows Manual mode, and I press Enter.

After that I can extend front or rear jacks, or select Retract and retract them, as much or as little as needed. It does require watching the jacks and listening to the motor(s) that operate them, but I'm in full control. At any time - if arriving rather than departing - I can punch the Auto Level button to level the trailer automatically - I do use that one nearly all the time.

Finally, yes, very important that you (or the automatic system) retract the rear jacks before raising the front of the trailer to hook up.

Good luck.
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Working...
        X