How to connect app to 3.0 leveling system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect app to 3.0 leveling system

I have a 2020 solitude 3950BH. I have been told that I can link my lippert 3.0 leveling to the one control app. When I try it can't find my camper. I do not even know if my camper is set up for this. Attached is my leveling system controls. I know I could buy the remote to use but I was wondering if the app would work. Thanks

Originally posted by Thashwell View Post
    I have a 2020 solitude 3950BH. I have been told that I can link my lippert 3.0 leveling to the one control app. When I try it can't find my camper. I do not even know if my camper is set up for this. Attached is my leveling system controls. I know I could buy the remote to use but I was wondering if the app would work. Thanks
    Short answer: the control board doesn't look connected correctly to work with the OneControl (or "CompassConnect" as Grand Design calls it's implementation).

Long answer: I don't see a connection to the CANBUS through the ports on the board (see below).

Click image for larger version

Name:	canbus.JPG
Views:	569
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	71935

Here's how the configuration in your 3950 is ideally supposed to be configured.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CANBUS CONFIG.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	71936

CANBUS wires are different but similar in function to ethernet cables--the wires link components together so a controller can transfer information (and control) components.

The other oddity (took some research to figure this out), the 346005 LCI board is a replacement board. At least according to etrailer and LCI's website. (I could not find the 346005 in any of LCI's owner's manuals for the original 5th wheel, electric Ground Control 3.0 configurations.) Did you buy your camper new or used? Any knowledge of work done on the camper?

It is possible to wire in the Leveling Control if you can get your hands on some of the cabling and can physically route the wires. If you do decide to try this (or have someone else do it) make sure all power is off before disconnecting or connecting wires. The OneControl boards are expensive. Connecting the CANBUS probably wouldn't hurt anything with power on, but I wouldn't tempt fate.

Another option: there is an antenna on the 346005 board, so I'm guessing the LINC REMOTE will work. A call to LCI to confirm is recommended before spending the $$.

Consider giving Grand Design Customer Service a call if you bought the camper new--it should have had the Leveling Control wired into the bus.

Please post back with the resolution.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X