Floor shake after leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor shake after leveling

Hello all, my 2021 GD model 337 has four leveling jacks. After deploying these jacks with use of auto level option I have some movement( shake) while walking around inside of unit. Is it possible to eliminate or minimize this? Thanks, Bruce

It is possible to eliminate some of this but first make sure that the jacks are all down and putting pressure on the pads, if you have any under the jack feet. If the jacks are not making proper contact then there may be another issue, I have not heard of any jack issues but this is just a check. Last year I got a set of screw jacks similar to this Amazon.com: Dumble RV Slide Out Stabilizer Jacks – 21in-37in Travel Trailer Stabilizer Jacks Camper Jack Stands, 2 Piece Set : Automotive and placed these under the hitch frame at the rear of the trailer, they have helped our shake/wobble a lot.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

1956Servi , not knowing if you have prior experience with 5th wheel ownership I'll apologize if this is all info you already know.

In our 30ft 5th wheel we purchased in 2003 I felt there was significant movement. If one of the kids rolled over in their bunk (at the very rear of the trailer,) then it felt like an earthquake in the master bed up front. When we walked around there was significant forward and back movement. This trailer had the typical electric landing gear on the front, and then manual scissor jacks on the back bumper. I augmented that with a 2 legged support under the pin box, but I'm not sure that did much.

With our 2022 GD 260RD (about 30ft) and both the front and rear landing gear down I feel like there is very little movement relative to the old trailer. Because of the experience with the old trailer, I purchased and use X Braces between the two axles. With those locking the wheels in place I feel very little movement in the trailer. Is there some? Yes. But not very much, and particularly as compared to the older 5th wheel we had. I'm not sure it could get much better.

Since the level of "shake" you are feeling is subjective I thought I'd try to provide a little experience with past and new trailer.
      Mike and Rebecca
      2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
      2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

I recently added a set of these to the camper setup https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to help increase stability and reduce the chance of the trailer rolling if on un even terrain.

I also use wheel chocks https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , 2 sets one set each side in front and behind one tire and the other set on the companion tire on the other end of the same axle. These seem to help with movement, but added the X chocks for additional roll resistance.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X