Portable wifi for travel trailer -Travlfi Journey1 LTE wi-fi Hotspot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable wifi for travel trailer -Travlfi Journey1 LTE wi-fi Hotspot

We camp in a 2022 GD 2910bh travel trailer and have experienced the poor [ I am being kind here ] wifi that some campgrounds offer. So, I have been researching some options. One option that is very interesting is the Travlfi Journey1 LTE wi-fi hotspot. Because we are not camping all the time, but do go on some long trips, flexibility in data plans and cost, and the ability to use different wifi connections is important. The Travlfi Journey1 seems to be able to do all of this. We don't download movies etc, just check emails, pay bills, maybe some research etc.
    Just wondering what people who have bought this system think of the reception and speed etc.
    Thanks,
    John B

Originally posted by John Brumbaugh View Post
    We camp in a 2022 GD 2910bh travel trailer and have experienced the poor [ I am being kind here ] wifi that some campgrounds offer. So, I have been researching some options. One option that is very interesting is the Travlfi Journey1 LTE wi-fi hotspot. Because we are not camping all the time, but do go on some long trips, flexibility in data plans and cost, and the ability to use different wifi connections is important. The Travlfi Journey1 seems to be able to do all of this. We don't download movies etc, just check emails, pay bills, maybe some research etc.
    Just wondering what people who have bought this system think of the reception and speed etc.
    Thanks,
    John B
    Can't answer your question on the Travlfi, but I have been very happy with my set-up.

Visible cell phone connected to a Gl.inet Beryl router. Works fine for email, browsing, etc plus can usually stream a show on the TV. Visible limits to 5mb download speed for tethered /hotspot but that is usually sufficient. And it's unlimited data. The router can be used as a USB tether to the phone, wifi extender or ethernet connected Wan. It's very versatile and pretty inexpensive. Plus runs off the trailer USB (no shore power needed). Visible is $30 per month and truly unlimited data.

Terry
    Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Working...
    X