Gas line to generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas line to generator

Installed 6500 Oman generator to my momentum 320gr and it doesn’t have a gas return line on this generator
    what can I do with the return line?

Wulfy -- moved your question to an applicable channel. (Sorry I don't know the answer to your question.)

I also deleted the duplicate question in the other thread.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ok thanks if you find out please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfy View Post
        Ok thanks if you find out please let me know
        Hopefully one of the other owners here with an Onan will know what to do. Only other suggestion is to call Onan directly. There's a phone number in your Momentum manual (I don't know if it's accurate).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Onan.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	102976

If you do find out through Onan, please stop back and let us know the answer. The power of an owner's forum is the sharing of information.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

There are a couple of things you could do with approval from the MFG.

1 - route the return through a check valve into the supply line pre-generator fuel pump
          2 - route the return through a check valve into the supply line between the pump and the system.

In either case, fuel temps could increase leading to inefficiency due to the re-circulation. Simple radiator for transmission or power steering fluid cooling will help combat this. Fuel system should be lower pressure than either of those systems. If needed find one with NO Rubber components. Barb or slip fittings to hook up to the fuel lines will be acceptable.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have this on a list to do soon myself, I have a generator ordered but a long story short is I don't have it yet. I understand (so far) that the return line is for the EVAP which is supposed to return the fuel vapors and possibly extra fuel back to the tank instead of releasing them into the atmosphere similar to like a car does. I purchased the generator with the EVAP in the part number hoping it comes with what I need for the return line. The sales person was of no help when ordering the generator and said I would need to call Onan directly regarding the return line. My momentum came with a red tag from the company GD purchased the gas tank from and the tag says to call them when completing the installation for certification. I'm not sure what that means yet but maybe that will help. If you need the picture of the tag I can get one if you don't get anywhere with Onan and your RV didn't come with the tag. I wish I could help more but I didn't get my generator yet and haven't been through this myself, but if you learn anything please post as I am planning this myself.

Current: 22" Momentum 381MS, 2020 F350 Dually 6.7 diesel, 4.10 rear 32k Reese 5th wheel hitch
            In the past: 22' Momentum 21G, 21' F150 XLT Screw 5.0 w 3.73, Andersen Hitch
            Q7 Diesel, 22" Ozark THX 1900. 11' F350 Crew, King Ranch, 8' bed, dully, 08' Weekend Warrior LED 3505 triple axle 5th wheel. 04' F250 diesel, 05' Keystone tailgater with old Reese WD hitch, no sway control

Comment

Working...
            X