Firmware updates for LCI OneControl Touch Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware updates for LCI OneControl Touch Panel

My 2022 381MS has an installed LCI OneControl Touch panel located inside the main door.
    The coach was manufactured in May of 2022.
    The panel has a reset hole, a button for waking up the panel, and a USB A female port on the front bezel.
    The Diagnostics menu reports the App version is V4.0.3 422514
    Does LCI release firmware update for the OneControl Touch Panels?
    If so, how do we obtain the updates and install them?

The process I have used for other vehicles is usually to download a file. Extract the files. Copy the files on a flash drive.
    Plug the flash drive into the device and follow the prompts.

I did not see info when I searched the forum.

Thanks,
    Steve
    2022 Momentum 381MS
    2024 F-350 Platinum DRW
    Reese Elite 27K Puck System
    Garmin RV890 & DashCam 57

I have not heard of LCI releasing any firmware updates. Contact LCI and they will let you know the protocol for this. I would be a little leery about any update, if it works don't fix it. I have heard plenty from Apple users that when Apple updates they have a hard time using the LCI apps because LCI is behind on keeping up with Apple.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Raven's Roost - you're right, this is a topic that hasn't been discussed (to my knowledge). When you find out (by contacting LCI Customer Service) please post back with what they tell you. (Thanks in advance!)

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

When LCI updated their iPhone app in late 2022, they removed the functionality of setting the zero point and advanced features of the leveling system, such as individually controlling the leveling jacks. As I don't have a One-Control touch panel in my 2021 Reflection travel trailer, I now have no way to reset/zero my leveling system. I've been on the phone 4 or 5 times with the One Control customer service team in the last two weeks. Here's what I found out.

1) One Control customer support team/supervisor says this functionality was accidentally removed from app, maybe it really wasn't removed and I don't know how to access it, and it should be in there.
        2) One Control software engineer tells me that it was intentionally removed for safety reasons, contradicting the customer team and the customer support supervisor.
        3) One Control team is scrambling hard to update the iPhone app because there are significant bugs in the latest release of the iPhone app unrelated to my leveling issues.
        4) They won't tell me what those other bugs are, and they have no idea when the new iPhone version will be released.
        5) They will not confirm that they are working to restore control of the advanced leveling functions including setting the zero point and manual control of the jacks from the iPhone app.

It's clear that Lippert has instructed customer support not to release any development or bug info to the public. I would not update anything with One Control, whether it's the App on your phone, or software in your RV, unless you are having a significant problem with the current version.
        Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
        2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
        2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

HMMMM.
          It does seem to be working like it is supposed to. (good luck Jimmer )
          It may be best to leave well enough alone. I did have a fit with my Samsung OneControl App and the TireLinc TPMS.
          We are talking about a company that has it fingers in lots of pies...and being on top of the latest and greatest tech may not be the top of their list. Low reward for the effort.

I mean, c'mon, USB A charging ports...How 2020! LOL!

Thanks
          Steve
          2022 Momentum 381MS
          2024 F-350 Platinum DRW
          Reese Elite 27K Puck System
          Garmin RV890 & DashCam 57

Comment

Jimmer The zero point setting on even my android has been removed the best I can tell. I always use the inside touch panel when making changes as loss of connectivity can create havok.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              Jimmer The zero point setting on even my android has been removed the best I can tell. I always use the inside touch panel when making changes as loss of connectivity can create havok.
              Yes, they probably removed the advance leveling features including zero-point and individual jack control for safety purposes from Android and Apple. If they intentionally removed the advanced leveling features from the app, I would be surprised if they restored them because one after market install (me) was unable to set a zero point. (They told me to install a One Control touch panel in my RV for about $1,000. No thanks!) However, if I'm not able to set the zero point or individually control the jacks to get to a level RV, the system will be essentially useless. Lippert needs to do something. Time will tell.
              Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
              2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
              2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Jimmer So you do not have the touch panel in the pass through or any interface with the unity?

On the app you can control each jack, it's just a bit awkward. For Street front you have to press front and left at the same time on the screen. For Front curb, front and right Etc...

It took me a bit to get the one jack thing figured out.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

FYI, if you are using Android you can download and install past versions from APKPure in order to regain the removed features.
                  Link to all the versions: https://apkpure.com/lci-onecontrol%C...1.one/versions.
                  2021 Reflection 278BH
                  2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                  X