12v Furrion Refrigerator Storage Best Practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v Furrion Refrigerator Storage Best Practices

We just recently purchased our 303RLS and did a quick check out trip. All was well except for a couple of very minor issues. We're getting ready to store the unit for a couple of weeks and wanted to find out what others are doing to prep the fridge for storage. Typically we would clean out the fridge and power it down with the doors open. It doesn't seem possible to leave the freezer door open with the slide in as there is no room between the freezer door and island. Also, I can remove the fuse and power it down, but maybe with the solar panel in place it's best to just put it in low power mode, "off" according to the manual, and let the battery take the remaining load. Please let me know how those of you with this setup are handling refrigerator storage with no shore power. Thank you.
    John and Holly
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 F250 6.2L B&W Companion

I do not have the same 12 v fridge as you, mine is the smaller 2 door, but I would recommend disconnecting the positive or negative battery cable from the battery, both is ok as well. If your battery is fully charged before doing this it will keep charge for quite a while. Leaving the battery connected for that long and relying on solar to recharge may not be the best unless you are in a sun shiny place.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I guess when they changed the model year, you got one of the newer compressor fridges. If you are in covered storage and no possibility of weather getting to the slide, you could extend it a few inches and stick a pool noodle or pipe insulation in it to hold the door open.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

In my Imagine, the Furrion fridge came with a special latch spacer for storage. It clips into the frame where the latches normally would, and the latches catch it to hold the doors open about 1". Do the larger fridges not have something similar?
        2022 Imagine 2600RB
        2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Working...
        X