Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Transcend Xplor 251BH How to remove the panel behind the TV

Dear fellow GD owners,

I want to install a Peplink router to my beautiful Transcend Xplor 251BH along with a Parsec Antenna.
    I figured the best location for the router would be behind the TV, and I could install the antenna above the roof.
    I removed the TV as you can see on the first photo, and removed the main panel on the side also to have more visibility. But I can't figure out how to remove the thin wood panel behind the TV.
    I could hide the cables and get 12V for the router, but I have no idea how to remove that wood panel.
    Please advise!

Thank you for your kind help! ​
    Attached Files
    Janos Szilardi
    2022 Transcend Xplor 251bh ☺

If you look in the opening that you made by removing that panel you may see that the panel you want to remove is stapled from the back side. If so you could carefully bump that panel from the outside, tv mount side, and remove it. Not sure how you will reinstall it though. When you remove the panel you could add some boards on the backside of the frame and cut the panel down to be able to install from the outside. Confusing maybe but I think it is doable.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      If you look in the opening that you made by removing that panel you may see that the panel you want to remove is stapled from the back side. If so you could carefully bump that panel from the outside, tv mount side, and remove it. Not sure how you will reinstall it though. When you remove the panel you could add some boards on the backside of the frame and cut the panel down to be able to install from the outside. Confusing maybe but I think it is doable.

Brian
      Thank you Brian, I'll try it tomorrow and let you know.
      Janos Szilardi

Comment

Be carful when bumping the panel if it's stapled. Try to use a board or something when bumping as it will help keep the staples from flaking the finished edge off. If you have or can get a flat bar like https://www.homedepot.com/p/Anvil-9-...-ANV/309996814 between the support and the panel where the staples are, you might be able to pop / cut them vs pulling them through the finished side.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          Be carful when bumping the panel if it's stapled. Try to use a board or something when bumping as it will help keep the staples from flaking the finished edge off. If you have or can get a flat bar like https://www.homedepot.com/p/Anvil-9-...-ANV/309996814 between the support and the panel where the staples are, you might be able to pop / cut them vs pulling them through the finished side.
          Thank you, Joseph, good idea. I'll buy the flat bar you suggested.
          Janos Szilardi

Comment

Thank you for your help!
            I was able to remove the panel. It is crazy that they stapled it from behind—there is no way to remove it without minor damage. The pry bar was super helpful.
            Anyways, I found a nice spot for the antenna, and as I thought, I got 12V behind the panel. I made a nice hole for the cables, covered with a plastic desktop grommet.
            Not aesthetically perfect, but not bad either.
            Attached Files
            Janos Szilardi

Comment

Glad it worked out. Sorry for the "minor damage".

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yeah, staples through such thin plywood is not designed to be removed. Good idea to use the small shelf brackets. would it have been possible to use the outer ring of cleats that were there to have made the removable frame?
                Joseph
                Tow
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  Yeah, staples through such thin plywood is not designed to be removed. Good idea to use the small shelf brackets. would it have been possible to use the outer ring of cleats that were there to have made the removable frame?
                  Perhaps. I had a hard time bending back the wood sheet in place, even without the outer ring, because there is an additional piece of wood cover all around at the front. I had to push it behind on a physically smaller hole without having enough space for rotation. Not the best assembly, for sure. I'll cover the shelf brackets with a decor stripe. I have access from the side to the cables, and I left that nice hole if I need to add other devices. I'm a newbie handyman, learn as I go
                  Janos Szilardi

Comment

Originally posted by jszilardi View Post

Perhaps. I had a hard time bending back the wood sheet in place, even without the outer ring, because there is an additional piece of wood cover all around at the front. I had to push it behind on a physically smaller hole without having enough space for rotation. Not the best assembly, for sure. I'll cover the shelf brackets with a decor stripe. I have access from the side to the cables, and I left that nice hole if I need to add other devices. I'm a newbie handyman, learn as I go
                    Depending on how much backspace is there, sometimes you can diagonal the piece in place while flexing (thin ply is extremely flexible but breaks easily).

In the future, you might consider putting a vertical in the middle (removable) to hide a seam in the thin piece.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X