Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone upgraded the speakers from Rockford Fosgate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone upgraded the speakers from Rockford Fosgate?

I have a 2022 Momentum 21G with the Rockford Fosgate 4 speakers and the powered sub-woofer. The (believe 6" or 6 1/2") ceiling and exterior speakers are very low end. I wanted to avoid adding an amp and just hoping a nice pair of two way or three-way speakers would help. If anyone has done this, could you share if it was better, the size you used and speakers? kind of hoping to stick with Rockford Fosgate speakers.

Originally posted by Enzo0903 View Post
    I have a 2022 Momentum 21G with the Rockford Fosgate 4 speakers and the powered sub-woofer. The (believe 6" or 6 1/2") ceiling and exterior speakers are very low end. I wanted to avoid adding an amp and just hoping a nice pair of two way or three-way speakers would help. If anyone has done this, could you share if it was better, the size you used and speakers? kind of hoping to stick with Rockford Fosgate speakers.
    In your favorite search engine (Google, DuckDuckGo, etc) type in the following search criteria: speakers site:gdrvowners.com

The search will return a number of threads here on the forum that speak directly to your question (example below).

If something isn't covered in those threads or you have a follow-on question, please fire away. Also, if you do upgrade or change out the speakers, please post (with pictures!) your modification.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	speakers.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	109664
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo0903 View Post
      I cant speak to the inside speakers but I did replace the outside speakers. The Rockfords that came out are really not that bad of a speaker. An amp will make the biggest difference, they are underpowered. I replaced the outside speakers with JL audio marine speakers, added 2 more in the rear of the trailer and added a Kenwood Bluetooth amp all at the same time. My outside speakers are completely separate from the inside now and just run off my phone. Adding just the amp would have made a bigger difference than just replacing the speakers.

This is what I used:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_136935...t-Grilles.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113M50...C-M5024BT.html
      Jim & Heidi
      2021 Solitude 375RES-r
      2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

Working...
      X