Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Gene,

I spoke with AIMS tech support where they confirmed the fan stays on all the time and at high speed. I mentioned there is nothing smart about this fan and they should change the verbiage or make it variable speed as the Progressive unit. So I've already made plans to send it back through Amazon. Too bad since this charger monitors battery temp and will charge all battery types. Since you have confirmed the Progressive Dynamics model has a controlled fan I will order this model and will mount it in the passthrough. To still have the multi battery type capability, I'll pull the breaker on the WFCO unit and will leave it in place.

Valuable feedback from you Gene as always,

Jim
    Jim I see you saw the thread on Inaccurate Replacement Lithium Converter Information from Battle Born Batteries.
    Since the Progressive Dynamic model numbers are almost the same, it's possible to get the lead acid converter instead of the lithium converter.
    I used http://www.bestconverter.com/Inteli-...ers_c_222.html to ensure I bought the correct one.

I thought my PD's fan doesn't run at low current, of course I've slept since last time I checked it.
    I did see in their owners manual:
    "INTERNAL COMPONENT COOLING... The system is so efficient that if demand is less than 20% of the rated capacity, the auxiliary cooling fan will NOT activate."
    Gene and Kim
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
    2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Gene,

This is the page where they describe the fan operation which I understood to be on all the time. Their claim is a switching circuit will fail where here, it appears they keep the fan on and change only the speed. But if you can't hear it once the battery is charged, I'm good to move forward with the Progressive Dynamics unit.

Either way, your advice was very helpful Gene.

Thank you.
      See INTELI-POWER 9100 Series Operation

https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/po...er-converters/

Back on topic

Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X