GE 12v Fridge Front Feet Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE 12v Fridge Front Feet Missing?

We have a GE 12V fridge that came with our '22 Imagine 2400BH. I pulled it out today trying to find the source of a short (wasn't in the fridge wire) and I found I can't get it back easily. The front feet were not installed from the factory - they were provided in the deli drawer. It seems that if the front feet were installed they are too tall even when fully inserted and will cause the fridge to tilt back. Without anything in front it tilts forward. It seems like when the factory installed it they had the fridge's rear wheels directly on a plywood base, then they manually tilted it back until close the level and ran 8 screws - 4 on top and 4 on bottom - into the wood frame around the opening. These 8 screws carried the tilting weight of the front of the fridge.

The problem is, I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it to line back up on reinstall. I'm contemplating running to the hardware store and grabbing some shims to get up to ~3/4" of an inch to level it up.

I'm curious if others have ran across this and come up with some solutions.

Thanks!

I would definitely get the front shimmed up to level. Relying on the 8 screws would not be good enough for me.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I just replaced my Dometic DM2882 with a GE GPV10. I don't recall any leveling issue with the front feet, but if yours does not have the mounting bracket kit, I suggest you get one and install it properly.

https://thervpartshouse.com/search?q=gpv10+bracket

Also, do you have the door latch? I'm not sure Grand Design supplied this item also, as I have read a couple of complaints about doors opening on this fridge during travel.

https://thervpartshouse.com/products...rig-door-latch
      Mike and (RIP Karen)
      2021 2600RB
      2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

It has the mounting brackets and the door latch.

Without the front feet the fridge was held level by the mounting brackets screwed into the opening.

I picked up some shims today to carry the weight in the front and level it. Then I’ll use the mounting brackets to just secure it in place.

Comment

Working...
        X