Haier Residential Fridge - Cooling Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haier Residential Fridge - Cooling Issue

I have a 2022 Reflection 312 BHTS with a Haier residential fridge. We’ve been traveling for about 5 weeks now and just noticed the refrigerator is not cooling. Freezer is still frozen but not as cold as normal. My hypothesis is that the evaporator coils are frosted over and frozen - limiting movement of air. So I’m defrosting the fridge now to see if that resets it. If not, and I need to get help, do I call a mobile tech or an appliance repair service? Do RV mobile techs know how to diagnose and fix a residential fridge?

anyone else had any issues with their Haier or residential fridge not cooling?
    Jon & Sara - Charlotte, NC
    2022 Reflection 312BHTS
    2022 Ford F350 SRW Platinum

Originally posted by PilotTwist View Post
    I have a 2022 Reflection 312 BHTS with a Haier residential fridge. We’ve been traveling for about 5 weeks now and just noticed the refrigerator is not cooling. Freezer is still frozen but not as cold as normal. My hypothesis is that the evaporator coils are frosted over and frozen - limiting movement of air. So I’m defrosting the fridge now to see if that resets it. If not, and I need to get help, do I call a mobile tech or an appliance repair service? Do RV mobile techs know how to diagnose and fix a residential fridge?

anyone else had any issues with their Haier or residential fridge not cooling?
    The Haier in my 315RLTS still works flawlessly.

I doubt an RV technician will know how to troubleshoot and/or repair a Haier.

An appliance repair center will likely require the refrigerator to be removed, so consider that challenge in addition to getting a technician to come to you.

Removing the refrigerator and taking it to a repair shop is (almost) a non-starter. Perhaps getting the camper closer to the technician is an option...if their parking lot is big enough.

Please update this thread as you work through the issue--I'd like to learn from your experience.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howson - you’re a gem on these forums. Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll keep this updated.

for now, we turned off the breaker and inverter to defrost the refrigerator. Left it for 4-5 hours and then restarted in. Freezer got down to -2 F and fridge down to 28 F. Thought it was fixed, so put our food back in.

this morning, fridge was back up to about 39 and freezer up to 14. We are traveling today, so keeping an eye on it. Doesn’t seem to be working with the same efficiency as before. We used to regularly see freezer around -10 and no issues.

for now, going to see if we can limp by. Not overload it and minimize opening. We have a smaller fridge in outdoor kitchen we can use. Have an appointment at service center in mid July for a host of other maintenance items, so likely will add to the list and see what they diagnose.

My hypothesis is that the thermister to defrost the evaporator coils is shot causing build up of ice and blocking air flow. We’ll see. Really would be a pain to pull this unit out (likely would have to remove doors and work in a very tight space).
      Jon & Sara - Charlotte, NC
      2022 Reflection 312BHTS
      2022 Ford F350 SRW Platinum

Comment

Working...
      X