Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold N2160

Hello all
    I recently purchased an AIM 15RB. Haven't camped with it yet, but I'm hoping to start my journeys as soon as the plates, tags, etc. get here.
    Yesterday, I found that the refrigerator wasn't cooling. The compressor runs but the fan doesn't blow any air. I had it on for about three hours. I had the AC on, it was cool inside the trailer. Had it set to the coolest settings for both the fridge and freezer. Then tried again on the lowest settings. It's not showing an error code.
    I had been working on it all day, was tired and soaked so I called it a day. Looked up the model owner's manual a little while ago to see if there is anything I could look at myself. Other than trouble codes, it really doesn't help. It says if the compressor is constantly running but the refrigerator is not cooling, take it to a service center. I would really like to avoid that.
    Could it have a bad fuse for the fan? Where is this fuse located? If it did, wouldn't that show as an error code? Why is it not cooling/the fan not blowing, but not showing an error code? Any suggestions?
    Love this Trailer so far, it's perfect for me. Man that AC works good!
    2023 Grand Design AIM 15RB, 2020 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab WT.

Ray15RB -- I can't find the Norcold N2160 on Norcold's website. Are your sure that's the right model #? Closest I can find is a N2175 (a 6.2 cu ft refer per GD's website for the AIM).

Nothing on the Norcold site is especially helpful, check that the battery disconnect is ON (key can not be removed).

If that's good, disconnect from shore power. Disconnect the negative from the battery. If there's a solar panel on the unit, cover it with a blanket (if you can safely get on the roof). This will effectively remove all power from the camper.

Wait five minutes.

Reconnect the battery.

Remove the blanket over the solar panel.

Turn on shore power.

Try the refer again.

If no joy...not much else I can think of.

Welcome to the forum!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Ray15RB -- I can't find the Norcold N2160 on Norcold's website. Are your sure that's the right model #? Closest I can find is a N2175 (a 6.2 cu ft refer per GD's website for the AIM).

Nothing on the Norcold site is especially helpful, check that the battery disconnect is ON (key can not be removed).

If that's good, disconnect from shore power. Disconnect the negative from the battery. If there's a solar panel on the unit, cover it with a blanket (if you can safely get on the roof). This will effectively remove all power from the camper.

Wait five minutes.

Reconnect the battery.

Remove the blanket over the solar panel.

Turn on shore power.

Try the refer again.

If no joy...not much else I can think of.

Welcome to the forum!

Howard

Thanks, Howard.
      After looking around in the forum I saw a thread about disconnecting everything, then reconnecting everything on 12v refrigerators when they run but don't cool. "Try turning it off and back on again", lol. I will definitely give that a try. I will be installing the second solar panel either today or tomorrow, so that would be the perfect time to give that a try. I have the trailer to where I can run everything, including the AC, on either shore power or battery now. Can hardly wait to hit the road with it.
      Here is a link to the owner's manual PDF for this fridge. Looks like they call it an N2175, T2175, N2160 depending on if you're looking on the website or in the owners manual.
      https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploa...M_20210325.pdf
      Last edited by Ray15RB; 08-19-2023, 09:33 AM.
      2023 Grand Design AIM 15RB, 2020 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab WT.

Comment

Working...
      X