Domestic DM2882 Refrigerator won’t turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic DM2882 Refrigerator won’t turn on

Hi, I’m new to the forum and we’re having trouble with the fridge. We have a 2019 GD Imagine 17XLS, towing it with a 2021 Ford F150. The refrigerator is a Dometic DM2882.
    We took it on a trip a couple of weeks ago and had no problems. When we were cleaning up after we got home I noticed that the fridge wasn’t working. It doesn’t appear to be getting any power. We have it on shore power, the battery is fully charged and there is propane. I’ve gone through the shutdown and restart process several times and nothing. The on/off light doesn’t come on, the inside light doesn’t come on, nothing. Any ideas?
    We’re planning a couple of trips next month and would really like to be able to use the fridge!!!
    Thanks,

Mark

Did you check the battery disconnect key in the pass thru? Make sure it is pushed in and turned so you can not remove it.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Ragu View Post
      Hi, I’m new to the forum and we’re having trouble with the fridge. We have a 2019 GD Imagine 17XLS, towing it with a 2021 Ford F150. The refrigerator is a Dometic DM2882.
      We took it on a trip a couple of weeks ago and had no problems. When we were cleaning up after we got home I noticed that the fridge wasn’t working. It doesn’t appear to be getting any power. We have it on shore power, the battery is fully charged and there is propane. I’ve gone through the shutdown and restart process several times and nothing. The on/off light doesn’t come on, the inside light doesn’t come on, nothing. Any ideas?
      We’re planning a couple of trips next month and would really like to be able to use the fridge!!!
      Mark,
      First--welcome to the forum.

Assuming you check what Brian has mentioned (check the easy stuff first), do you have a multimeter and know how to use it? Most likely the 2882 is similar to other Dometic products and there will be fuses on the control panel. There could even be a 12v power or -12v return wire that's come loose where the trailer wiring meets the refrigerator wiring.

Let me hasten to caution up front that if a blown fuse if found, that's normally a symptom not the problem. There could be a chaffed or pinched wire that needs repair (which will cause a short and blow a fuse).

Depending on your comfort level with electrical troubleshooting we can provide more information. If electricity is not your forte' (no shame in admitting it) then after checking the easy stuff it may be best to call a professional.

Howard

P.S. There are many great forum members here who can help so if one of them jumps in to the conversation don't be surprised. The forum moderators are all at the GD National Rally and our response here on will be very limited over the next week and a half.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X