Unity Board Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity Board Location

I'm trying to locate the Unity board for One Control. When I use the "+" in the Compass Control app, I scan the QR code and enter the password, I get a message that "RV Details Set Successfully" but when it goes to the next page, there is a message that One Control cannot currently see any of your RV's devices.

I talked with Lippert and they want me to further diagnose the unity board, but I can't locate it.

I called GD Customer Service and he said it was behind the passthrough panel under the sofa by the steps going up to the living room, but I don't see it.
    Any info that would help me find it would be greatly appreciated.​
    2023 Solitude 380FL
    2023 F450 King Ranch​

Originally posted by Cados View Post
    I'm trying to locate the Unity board for One Control. When I use the "+" in the Compass Control app, I scan the QR code and enter the password, I get a message that "RV Details Set Successfully" but when it goes to the next page, there is a message that One Control cannot currently see any of your RV's devices.

I talked with Lippert and they want me to further diagnose the unity board, but I can't locate it.

I called GD Customer Service and he said it was behind the passthrough panel under the sofa by the steps going up to the living room, but I don't see it.
    Any info that would help me find it would be greatly appreciated.​
    Open the storage door as shown below. The aft wall in this passthru is held in place by a series of Robertson screws. Remove the screws and the wall (it's just a piece of luan) will remove and reveal all the "stuff" GD puts back there. One of them will be the Unity board. It should be very obvious.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	401
Size:	928.5 KB
ID:	119759
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the info. Still no luck, I couldn’t find it. There is an angled wall that is bunged closed that is easily opened. I also took the screws out of the fixed panel, couldn’t remove it completely but I could pull it back far enough to see what’s behind it.

2023 Solitude 380FL
      2023 F450 King Ranch​

Comment

With the amount of wires going behind the panel in your picture I would guess that it is in there somewhere. I have reached out to GD to see if we can get an answer to this question.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

My Unity board has electric/mechanical relays on it for the heavy current devices such as the slides. You can have someone work a slide back and forth while listening carefully for the clicking of a relay to help locate the board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4874.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	119795
          Attached Files
          Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
          2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
          2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Cados

I heard from GD today and was advised that the X1 board may be behind the convenience panel, where all of the switches and touch pad is located. A few screws should remove the panel and hopefully the board is behind there. It is possible that there is a panel in that area that is removable to access the X1.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              Cados

I heard from GD today and was advised that the X1 board may be behind the convenience panel, where all of the switches and touch pad is located. A few screws should remove the panel and hopefully the board is behind there. It is possible that there is a panel in that area that is removable to access the X1.

Brian
              I removed the panel and behind the spaghetti of wires, bingo, there it is. Thanks for all the help and ideas in locating it.

2023 Solitude 380FL
              2023 F450 King Ranch​

Comment

Glad you found it and posted the location. You might want to edit or have a moderator edit the title of the thread to include the year and model of trailer.

HINT for MODERATORS: we need a section similar to "where's waldo" called "Where is the board hidden" for locating unity and in wall slide controllers.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X