Momentum 25G - Looking for Drawing or how to access Subwoofer above Fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum 25G - Looking for Drawing or how to access Subwoofer above Fridge

Moderator Note: If you're looking for a solution, see post 5 (and why this thread is now part of the forum's Reference Library). -Howard

Hoping the moderators on here that have access to some of the technical drawings can look this up for me. How do we access the subwoofer above the fridge for service? 2022 Momentum 25G Travel Trailer.

I really can’t see an easy way into this unless you have to pull the entire fridge out and remove it from below.

Hoping you can check the drawings of the interior and post here. It’s in the main drivers side kitchen slideout.

Thanks
    Tim
    Last edited by howson; 10-04-2023, 05:32 PM.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo") | Victron Multiplus | Lithium
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload​

Thorvald -- sorry, I don't see anything in the 25G plans GD provided to us that clarifies (or even shows) any information related to the subwoofer.

I looked through all the rest of the Momentum TT files and found, in the 32G, a plan that may be close (or the same?). Below is as much as I think I can post here without violating GD's prohibition from posting on social media.

FYI it looks like it's just an "H" framed cabinet, with the subwoofer up top and the refer in the middle. If you want the full plan, ask GD Customer Support for the Cabinet, Refer drawing for your 25G. (May be a waste of time as it won't be any more detailed than the snippet below, but it's up to you.)

There must be a way to remove the subwoofer from the front. What's the size and model of the speaker? Is there a manual somewhere?

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-30 113256.png
Views:	143
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	121004
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

edit: found this - https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...5-storage-area

Someone just went through a similar setup. If I am remembering it correctly, the speaker support plywood is stapled to the back side of the box frame just inside the cabinet face.

If you are wanting to remove the screws holding the speaker in, can you post a picture? I am guessing there is a cover hiding them.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        edit: found this - https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...5-storage-area

Someone just went through a similar setup. If I am remembering it correctly, the speaker support plywood is stapled to the back side of the box frame just inside the cabinet face.

If you are wanting to remove the screws holding the speaker in, can you post a picture? I am guessing there is a cover hiding them.

Thanks for that awesome find. I posted in that thread and once I find out I’ll do a little document on how to access the silly thing. Interesting at the amount of free space back there. I’m sure the wife could put that to use.

Cheers
        Tim
        2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload​

Comment

Well it was dead simple but what a bear to get it out of there. It is simply held in by velcro at the bottom, I am amazed it didn’t move until I tried to get it out… damn that stuff is good.

I tried tons of ways to get it up and nothing worked, too much Velcro. Ended up with an old trick of using old plastic cards (credit or gift cards work great) and sliding them between the Velcro one at a time. Eventually got it lifted and moved back. Same trick works for putting it back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0142.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	121226

Comment

Working...
          X