Refrigerator magnets on Norcold N10DC fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator magnets on Norcold N10DC fridge

I realize this is a somewhat silly question and will have no influence on my decision to buy a 12 volt refrigerator to replace my absorption unit, but can someone tell me if a refrigerator magnet will stick to either the stainless steel or the black doors on a Norcold N10DC refrigerator. If anyone has any strong recommendations for a particular 10 cu ft 12 volt DC refrigerator, I would like to hear them. I am not interested in a Furrion appliance as I am not at all impressed with the Lippert family of products.

Bill
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD w/ 6.6L Duramax

I suspect/guessing the stainless doors are magnetic like Norcold’s other stainless doors.

That said… I’m wondering why you are replacing the entire refrigerator? My recommendation would be replacement 12v compressor style cooling unit from JC Refrigeration.

Why go the cooling unit replacement route? Support, if there are issues during or after installation JC Refrigeration is top notch. Norcold not so much.

I’ve dealt with one N10DC professionally, working with Norcold and the hoops that had to be jumped through were a nightmare. Six weeks for Norcold to finally give up and replace the entire refrigerator.
    Colan Arnold
    2016 Momentum 397TH
    Full time since 2016

Comment

Originally posted by colan View Post
      I suspect/guessing the stainless doors are magnetic like Norcold’s other stainless doors.

That said… I’m wondering why you are replacing the entire refrigerator? My recommendation would be replacement 12v compressor style cooling unit from JC Refrigeration.

Why go the cooling unit replacement route? Support, if there are issues during or after installation JC Refrigeration is top notch. Norcold not so much.

I’ve dealt with one N10DC professionally, working with Norcold and the hoops that had to be jumped through were a nightmare. Six weeks for Norcold to finally give up and replace the entire refrigerator.
      Colan -- at the risk of going slightly off-topic, are there 12V refrigerators you'd recommend (based on your experience as a tech in the field)? As always, greatly appreciate your input on this forum!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard,

I haven’t seen enough of the full refrigerator 12v compressor units to form an opinion. I’ve converted seven refrigerators from gas absorption to compressor in the last 18 months, the owners have all been extremely happy.

On complete refrigerators the biggest issue I’ve seen is manufacturing and sales well ahead of tech support. Product in the field, tech support taking calls with little or no knowledge base and likely no spare parts.
        Colan Arnold
        2016 Momentum 397TH
        Full time since 2016

Comment

Colan,

Thanks for the reply. The main reason I would prefer to go with a new unit instead of converting to a JC Refrigeration conversion is the increase in space from 8 cu ft to 10 cu ft. I have to agree with you that everything I have read about JC Refrigeration has been good. Earlier when I was looking at this, the costs for conversion vs replacement were similar. However, with their most recent shipping costs for a unit of 10 cu ft or less, the conversion is the lower cost way to go.

Bill
          2017 Reflection 303RLS
          2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD w/ 6.6L Duramax

Comment

Working...
          X