generator fuel tank size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• generator fuel tank size

I've been trying to figure out how large the generator fuel tank is in my 2023 Momentum 295MS. Everything I've found just says that it's a 60 gallon gasoline tank. I know that there are two fuel ports, one for the generator and one for an ATV, so I'm assuming that they don't share the same fuel tank. Can anyone help shed some light on this?

Also, the generator manual recommends that I run the generator once a month for a short while, even when everything is shut down for the winter. Is it okay to run the generator if the batteries have been removed from the camper?
    Dan and Carla Suson
    2023 Momentum 395MS
    2016 Ford F-350 Diesel DRW

Originally posted by djsuson View Post
    I've been trying to figure out how large the generator fuel tank is in my 2023 Momentum 295MS. Everything I've found just says that it's a 60 gallon gasoline tank. I know that there are two fuel ports, one for the generator and one for an ATV, so I'm assuming that they don't share the same fuel tank. Can anyone help shed some light on this?
    You mean the 395MS, I assume?

Yes, there are two fuel tanks. at the rear of the trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	148
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	123823

The snip below is from the Parts Lookup website (link to the site at the top of this page).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	101
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	123824

Also, the generator manual recommends that I run the generator once a month for a short while, even when everything is shut down for the winter. Is it okay to run the generator if the batteries have been removed from the camper?

Regarding the generator, I don't see how running the generator without the house batteries will be an issue. I did note the manual dictates running with a load prior to an oil change, etc.

What may be an issue is if the output of the generator is unintentionally engaged (powering the trailer's converter) and the house battery positive cable is shorted to the frame of the trailer. So to be extra cautious, double-check the output breakers on the Onan are OFF and I'd also take the extra precaution of turning off the converter breaker in the Power Center.

There are instructions in the Onan (see par 5.12 Storing the Generator Set ) Operator Manual (HGJAA and HGJAB). Not sure if that model is the same as the one in your RV.

With all that said, the info above on the generator is from my own (limited) experience with generators.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

As Howard stated, you have 2 30 gallon tanks.

As far as running the generator without house batteries, that may prove difficult as the house batteries are needed to start the generator. I guess you could "jump' the generator to get it going.

We try to run our generator for about an hour each month. When we do this I usually turn on AC, microwave, etc to make sure everything is still functioning. It's a good time to just check things over.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
      X