50” TCL Roku TV black screen issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50” TCL Roku TV black screen issue

We are having an issue with our 50” TCL Roku TV with respect to the video feed. The TV screen will randomly go dark during viewing. The audio continues uninterrupted during these blackout periods, which can be intermittent or continuous for long stretches. There appears to be no pattern to the blackout periods. We have done the factory reset as described online, with no affect. We have also checked all the connections to the TV. Has anyone had this same issue with their TCL unit?
    scooter
    scooter390RK (Full Time RVer)
    2024 Solitude 390RK w/
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 Crew Cab LB Dually

Contact TCL online support as it should be under warranty. TCL in my rig and no issues as of yet.
    2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

When the image goes dark, and you hit the menu button, does the main menu appear? If not, I suspect the backlight has gone on the TV. Otherwise I would be trying things like different input cables, perhaps a different display connected to the source if you can, a different input into the TV, etc. Essentially trying to see where in the signal path the issue is.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

The TCL TV in my 2019 Reflection started do that this summer but only for very brief (less then 1 second) intervals. I've checked all connections, did a factory reset and nothing changed. I also checked the TV in the bedroom and had someone watching in each room and it only happened on the TCL. I was ready to purchase a new TV and it stopped so I have no idea what is going on. Still may just buy a new TV.
        2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
        2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

I wonder if you are having signal issues. With the new digital signals, audio transmits much easier than video and if signal quality drops, I wonder if the video goes out first.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X