Washer/Dryer plumbing and venting woes - 377MBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer/Dryer plumbing and venting woes - 377MBS

Pulled the W/D to clean up the connections/hoses/vent. Quite a bit of lint collected in the dryer and vent hose elbow, and the hose was partially crushed/ripped open where it entered the wall. Going to investigate how to improve the flow here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	washer dryer.jpg Views:	3 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	129095

Click image for larger version  Name:	lint.png Views:	3 Size:	877.6 KB ID:	129097

Sliding out the washer, it's scary what was done to connect the drain hose, and where the dryer vent was installed. I can't really blame the previous owner who installed the vent, since Grand Design put their location sticker in that spot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wd plumbing as found.jpg Views:	3 Size:	189.9 KB ID:	129098

I've researched a 2018 and 2020 model of my fiver for dryer vent locations, and see it's in a better spot farther back in the closet vs what my 2019 had.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dryer vent locations.png Views:	3 Size:	833.2 KB ID:	129099
    Last edited by BWSTGDS; 02-22-2024, 06:15 PM.
    Jeff & Janice
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch​

Pulled with an upgraded2001 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat 7.3​

This gets more interesting. Removed the drain pipe and see the guts of the Hepvo waterless trap pulled up into it. The washer drain hose was tucked inside it. Guessing they had trouble initially with the drain working, and solved it this way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hepvo problem.png
Views:	67
Size:	856.4 KB
ID:	129101

Not sure I can get it working again properly, but will give it a try. If I clean it up and push the bladder back into place, will it still seal? I'm not sure it will.

A replacement Hepvo trap is about $40 on amazon​
    Jeff & Janice
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch​

Comment

Continuing to tear into this W/D closet. Pulled the back off to extend the dryer vent hose slot as far as possible. Slot is cut and ready.

One batt of insulation has moved out of place - should be hugging the front cap. Some of you have noted this in your rigs.​

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	129103

I used bailing wire to prevent it from falling too far if it does move.

Name:	IMG_1261.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	129104

A new cover is cut, stained and ready to install, once the drain is extended from the trap to the outlet box, and a new vent hose installed.

Name:	WD cover.png
Views:	56
Size:	802.0 KB
ID:	129105
      Jeff & Janice

Comment

I could not get my nailer to attach the rear panel to the aluminum frame. Ended up screwing it in place, just at the top. The bottom friction/rug is holding it tightly.

Also removed the outlet trim plates, for use on more visible outlets in the rig. The tabs are pretty fragile on these. Another reason to replace the outlets with standard ones as necessary.​

vent hose

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1265.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.3 KB ID:	129108

Just enough clearance now with the newly cut vent slot to allow it to pass behind the dryer without being partially crushed. I did not need the restrictive 90 degree vent fitting that I removed previously from the dryer itself - there's plenty of room on the left side of the closet for the vent hose to curve away from the dryer.

I should have inverted the upper electrical receptacle, so that the dryer plug is oriented with the cord downward. Wondering why Splendide crafted the dryer plug opposite the washer plug - maybe in case the two plugs share the same outlet?

Click image for larger version  Name:	vent hose fix.png Views:	0 Size:	805.7 KB ID:	129109

Much better flow from the outside vent. Noted the closet door does not quite shut now - the inside door handle touches the washer, due to the washer being as far forward as it can be for vent hose room - I need to find a lower profile inside handle.
        Jeff & Janice

Comment

Ended up removing the inside knob. On this passage handleset, the inside knob can be deleted by removing a snap ring, and then cutting back the latch actuator.

Click image for larger version  Name:	doorknob fix.png Views:	0 Size:	841.4 KB ID:	129111

Good enough for an RV closet.

Since the washer/dryer water valves are mostly blocked with the appliances in place, I installed shutoff valves in the basement storage area. There used to be a pull-out kitchen here, but the previous owner removed it and left the sink plumbing stubs. I repurposed the valves from that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pullout kitchen drain hose.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	129113

Click image for larger version  Name:	WD valves (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.2 KB ID:	129114
          Last edited by BWSTGDS; 02-22-2024, 06:14 PM.
          Jeff & Janice

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this. It is sad what some people deem acceptable.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X