Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass cover shattered on Furrion range - how to clean and inspect range and oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass cover shattered on Furrion range - how to clean and inspect range and oven

Due to a combination of bad bumps and maybe a questionably-secured microwave, the microwave turntable in our 2020 297RSTS decided to jump out of the microwave and land on the glass range top on a recent outing. The result was glass scattered everywhere, including some down inside the range. It looks like the range top was tempered glass, so we are glad for that.

Now we are looking for suggestions for getting all of the glass out of the range and oven. The data sheet indicates the range/oven is a Furrion FSRE21SA-BL, but the numbers on the manual suggest FS21DB4A-BL.

For the range, we can't see how to get the metal "cover" off to clean out all of the glass underneath the burners and inspect for damage to the gas components. The manual does not describe how to open up the top for cleaning or maintenance. Is there a way to get this open?

As far as the oven, I've found one chunk of glass inside so far. I don't know if this chunk worked its way through from the bottom of the range, or if it was around the top of the oven door and fell in when the door was opened.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this cleaned up? Do we need to disassemble the thing to get it cleaned out?

Also, how concerned should I be about damage to the gas components resulting in leaks?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS

I wanted to provide an update in case the info might be useful for others. We went back a few weeks ago to have another look at the stove and we were able to get the cover off so we could see the gas lines and wires. It was easier than expected. I just had to lift the rear corners of the cover to disengage it. It looks like the rear half of the cover is held on with tabs that extend down, with indentations that appear to latch onto pegs that are mounted to the sides of the lower section. After the rear half is lifted up, the cover needs to be slid slightly to the rear, then lifted in the front. The photo below highlights indentations and pegs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4425.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	132446

There were still some glass bits that we couldn't vacuum out with the cover on. Fortunately, we didn't see any signs of damage to the plumbing or wiring. It looks like the cast iron grates over the range prevented any damage in this area from the heavy glass turntable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4424.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	132448

After a good vacuuming, we tested for leaks. We first opened some windows and vents, turned on the propane, then turned on the refrigerator to make sure propane was reaching the range (this took a while because it hadn't been used in a while). We used a leak detector to check all around the range and oven. Finally, we fired up the range and all looked good.

We were still finding bits of glass on the floor and in the carpet when we went camping the next weekend, but nothing too bad. We just won't be walking around barefoot for a while. 🤔

Thanks,
    Dave
    Attached Files
    Dave
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

Working...
    X