Batteries for wireless thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries for wireless thermometer

I use a wireless thermometer to keep track of temps in my refrigerator/freezer. The AA batteries in the remote sensor in the freezer constantly need replacing. I've tried rechargeables (which seem to have the shortest lifespan before needing to be recharged), lithiums, and alkaline and none of them seem to last too long at freezing temps. Is this just something I'm going to have to live with or am I missing something?

Above freezing temps in the fridge do not create the same problem with the sensor there.
    2020 Reflection 273MK
    2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

I use to have this problem however after switching to the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries the Acurite Thermometer is able to monitor the freezer without issue. Lowest recorded temperature was around -8F.
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7

2019 Ford F-250 STX Gas(Retired due to inability to slow down on steep downhill grades)

Comment

Batteries use a chemical reaction to produce power. The reactions are slowed down by cold temperatures.

But the batteries may remain functional even when the device indicates the battery is low.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
        Batteries use a chemical reaction to produce power. The reactions are slowed down by cold temperatures.

But the batteries may remain functional even when the device indicates the battery is low.
        Even if they are functional it doesn't help much if the sensor is not sending a signal to the receiver.
        2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
        X