This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onan 5500 Stops After 15 Minutes - Momentum 351M

I have a 2018 Momentum 351M and I am having a few issues with it, one of which is the Onan 5500 generator shuts off about 15 minutes after being started cold. Once it is warmed up, it only runs for a few minutes. I had a mobile RV repair place look at it and they replaced the fuel pump, but that wasn't the problem. I believe it is giving an oil pressure error code. The dip stick showed halfway between low and full, but I added oil during troubleshooting and brought it up to about 3/4 between low and full. It only has 30 hours and I have only put about 10 hours on it since I purchased it new, so it has the same oil from purchase. The issue started after sitting stored for a few months.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or know what may be causing the issue and how to fix it?

Originally posted by Robbrown2 View Post
    I have a 2018 Momentum 351M and I am having a few issues with it, one of which is the Onan 5500 generator shuts off about 15 minutes after being started cold. Once it is warmed up, it only runs for a few minutes. I had a mobile RV repair place look at it and they replaced the fuel pump, but that wasn't the problem. I believe it is giving an oil pressure error code. The dip stick showed halfway between low and full, but I added oil during troubleshooting and brought it up to about 3/4 between low and full. It only has 30 hours and I have only put about 10 hours on it since I purchased it new, so it has the same oil from purchase. The issue started after sitting stored for a few months.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or know what may be causing the issue and how to fix it?
    Robbrown2--I see you are new, so FYI duplicate threads are not allowed on the forum. I'm closing this thread and leaving the other one open. If needed we can "tag" a GD rep from the other thread.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ok...thanks. I thought the Ask GD section went to GD employees. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X