Haloview BT7 camera and pairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haloview BT7 camera and pairing

I just got a Haloview BT7 professionally installed in my 22MLE.
    Now the screen does not see the camera and I am trying to re-pair it and nothing is happening

I could take it back but time wise is not good right now. They said they got it to work and honestly I have no reason to doubt them.

Any suggestions on how to pair these backed up together? Also I am pushing what I am 99% is sure is the pairing button on the bottom of the camera but I’m hearing and feeling no click.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Brian
    Brian Boulden
    2020 22MLE
    2020 Silverado 2500 HD
    Ham Radio W4BJB
    GMRS Radio WRTE415​

Turn the lights on in the truck if hooked up, or put a fuse across the 7-pin on the trailer to turn on the trailer running lights.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
      Turn the lights on in the truck if hooked up, or put a fuse across the 7-pin on the trailer to turn on the trailer running lights.
      Ok correct me if I’m wrong…the truck needs to be hooked up to the truck to work? I’ve been doing this, to test it , with them side by side but not connected
      Brian Boulden
      2020 22MLE
      2020 Silverado 2500 HD
      Ham Radio W4BJB
      GMRS Radio WRTE415​

Comment

Originally posted by bjboulden View Post

Ok correct me if I’m wrong…the truck needs to be hooked up to the truck to work? I’ve been doing this, to test it , with them side by side but not connected
        Usually that’s the way they are installed. Lights have to be on.

You can also put a fuse into the 7-pin to turn the trailer running lights on. Bend the contacts just a bit so it fits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0273.png
Views:	60
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	132451

John & Kathy
        2014 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
          Once I hooked up the trailer to the truck, turned on the headlights everything worked perfectly. Thanks!!!
          Brian Boulden
          2020 22MLE
          2020 Silverado 2500 HD
          Ham Radio W4BJB
          GMRS Radio WRTE415​

Comment

PS, I also have the BT7 (and love it) and a '24 23LDE. I didn't want to have to turn the running lights on in my TV in order to power the cameras (it forces all my gauges to go into night mode), so I installed a switch into my docking station to manually turn them on. I'm not 100% sure if your '20 22MLE will have it or not, but there is a wire for the running lights running through the inside of the docking station on mine and I was able to put a splice connector on it and jump it to 12V through the switch I installed (through a fuse). The '24 22MLE's have pretty much the identical dock as my 23LDE, so you probably have the wire too, but I think the panel is harder to access on pre '23 models. Anyway, the wire for the running lights is Green on mine, probably yours too.

I'm seriously considering separating out the BT7 cameras from the running lights and adding another switch to my docking station, but I'd have to run a wire all the way back to the rear camera to do that, so It's not high on the priority list, but it would be nice to leave the cameras on at night since they have a really great motion activated spot-light feature...
            Chyrrl and Rich
            2024 XLS 23LDE
            Hamilton Township, NJ

Comment

Originally posted by RichSNJ View Post
              PS, I also have the BT7 (and love it) and a '24 23LDE. I didn't want to have to turn the running lights on in my TV in order to power the cameras (it forces all my gauges to go into night mode),
              Just turn the gauge lighting rheostat all the way up past the detent, and it puts them back in day mode and brightness (works that way on my truck, anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by JPS350 View Post

Just turn the gauge lighting rheostat all the way up past the detent, and it puts them back in day mode and brightness (works that way on my truck, anyway).
                I could have done that, but I liked the idea of being able to turn on the running lights at a campground anyway, so 2 birds with one stone and I don't have to mess with anything on the dash...
                Chyrrl and Rich
                2024 XLS 23LDE
                Hamilton Township, NJ

Comment

Working...
                X