Ac Pre-wire on Solitude 380 FL R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ac Pre-wire on Solitude 380 FL R

New to the forum. I am in process of purchasing a 2021 Solitude 380FL R. The unit has 2 AC's . I was curious if needed, if this model is Pre-wired for a 3rd AC?

Originally posted by EGP View Post
    New to the forum. I am in process of purchasing a 2021 Solitude 380FL R. The unit has 2 AC's . I was curious if needed, if this model is Pre-wired for a 3rd AC?
    Based on the limited information available to me -- no. There are three powered vent openings in the ceiling, but none of them are tied into the air conditioning "racetrack" that allows circulation of the two a/c units throughout the rig. FYI "powered vent" means there's 12vDC available but no 120vAC or thermostat wiring.

Snip below is from a 2019 380FL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-27 110628.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	132869
    Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We have a 2021 380FL-R with 3 ACs. Where are the 2 ACs - front and back? Or middle and front or back? What do you have for thermostats?
      2021 Solitude 380FL-R
      2022 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by IDRVr View Post
        We have a 2021 380FL-R with 3 ACs. Where are the 2 ACs - front and back? Or middle and front or back? What do you have for thermostats?
        Thus why I feel the need to qualify (almost!) every response to inquiries like the OP's. Unfortunately I find differences between what's documented and what's produced quite often.

Thanks for the post.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Thus why I feel the need to qualify (almost!) every response to inquiries like the OP's. Unfortunately I find differences between what's documented and what's produced quite often.

Thanks for the post.

Howard
          Looking at your diagram, it looks like the 2 AC configuration would be front and back - front living area and back bedroom with an AC only thermostat for each one. That diagram matches the location of our skylight and 12v vent fans. We also have the central/kitchen AC with the combo heat and AC thermostat in the kitchen. The central AC also feeds the AC racetrack shown in your diagram. If the OP has the dual purpose thermostat in the kitchen, that might be a good sign for "pre-wiring". Probably the best action for the OP would be to call Grand Design with the VIN.
          2021 Solitude 380FL-R
          2022 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

The existing ac's are front and back. I have seen a few with 3 units and I have seen units with 2 that are pre-wired for the 3rd. I do not have the build sheet for this unit.

Comment

Looking at your diagram, it looks like the 2 AC configuration would be front and back - front living area and back bedroom with an AC only thermostat for each one. That diagram matches the location of our skylight and 12v vent fans. We also have the central/kitchen AC with the combo heat and AC thermostat in the kitchen. The central AC also feeds the AC racetrack shown in your diagram. If the OP has the dual purpose thermostat in the kitchen, that might be a good sign for "pre-wiring". Probably the best action for the OP would be to call Grand Design with the VIN.
              That's was my next question. Can/will Grand Design be able to help? I have only dealt with Winnebago and you are more likely to get a response by putting a message in a bottle and throwing it in the Atlantic.

Comment

That's was my next question. Can/will Grand Design be able to help? I have only dealt with Winnebago and you are more likely to get a response by putting a message in a bottle and throwing it in the Atlantic.
                I have only contacted GD customer service several times but had a good experience each time.

I assume your heating thermostat is on the wall by the pantry as it is in mine. If you cycle through the options (lowest, long button) does it only show heat options or does it also show AC options. If it shows AC options, you might be in luck with prewiring.
                2021 Solitude 380FL-R
                2022 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

EGP

Being as the model year is 2021 I am remembering that back then GD was only installing 2 AC's because of shortages, covid time. I am not sure if they were still wired for the 3rd one or if they quit wiring for the 3rd one at that time. A call to GD with your VIN should get your questions answered.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                    EGP

Being as the model year is 2021 I am remembering that back then GD was only installing 2 AC's because of shortages, covid time. I am not sure if they were still wired for the 3rd one or if they quit wiring for the 3rd one at that time. A call to GD with your VIN should get your questions answered.

Brian
                    Our 2021 380FL-R has 3 ACs. The base units came with 2 ACs. The third AC was an option.
                    Last edited by IDRVr; 04-29-2024, 01:03 PM.
                    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
                    2022 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

How has your experience been with your 21 model?

Comment

How has your experience been with your 21 model?
                        It would help if you quoted or tagged the individual being queried so they know they are being addressed. As you'll can see, since I quoted your post you got a notification. I could have tagged you, too, like this: EGP

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
                        X