TV mount in 287RLTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV mount in 287RLTS

Just purchased a 2020 287RLTS. I am wanting to install a mount in the bedroom area TV backer. Since it is part of the exterior wall (above the window), how thick is the wall and what is the length of screws/bolts I should use?

Thank you.

Originally posted by krsmitty View Post
    Just purchased a 2020 287RLTS. I am wanting to install a mount in the bedroom area TV backer. Since it is part of the exterior wall (above the window), how thick is the wall and what is the length of screws/bolts I should use?

Thank you.
    The sidewall is right around 2". We recommend using 1" or smaller screws for installing TV brackets.

Comment

Megan GDRV-Megan - is the metal backing still being used in the exterior walls about 15" square and a thin piece (how thick ?) and what type of metal ? I ask because in prior years many of us long time owners used a number of magnets (8 works nicely) to find the outline of the metal backer to determine where best to mount the bracket given bracket type and TV size, etc.

Thanks, Megan !

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

The sidewall is right around 2". We recommend using 1" or smaller screws for installing TV brackets.
        Thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
          Megan GDRV-Megan - is the metal backing still being used in the exterior walls about 15" square and a thin piece (how thick ?) and what type of metal ? I ask because in prior years many of us long time owners used a number of magnets (8 works nicely) to find the outline of the metal backer to determine where best to mount the bracket given bracket type and TV size, etc.

Thanks, Megan !

Dan
          Yes, we still use the 15"x15" EGS backer on the exterior walls. It is 1/8" thick. It is made of steel. You can still use a magnet to locate this.

All of our exterior walls that are prepped for TV have this same sheet of material. For all of our units with this sheet of metal, we recommend 1" or smaller screws. The TVs we install in our units are about 14 lbs. Do not exceed 50 lbs in total (tv + mounting bracket).

#FAQs #TVbracket #TVprepped

Comment

Appreciate the details, Megan GDRV-Megan .....thank you !

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
            X