Furrion 3 burner cooktop loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 3 burner cooktop loose

From day 1 our Furrion 3 burner cooktop has been a very loose fit in the opening in the counter top. At first, I though it was just because it was a poor fit. I have since learned that there is a 'sealing putty' that was supposed to have been installed under and around the lip to prevent it from sliding around and to prevent fluids from getting underneath.
    Said sealing putty was obviously never installed.
    My question is does anyone here know what that putty is? I am wondering if regular grey RV Butyl sealing tape will work?
    I am also reaching out to Furrion but figured I would ask here as well.
    Thanks
    -
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
    Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Originally posted by KamFlyer View Post
    From day 1 our Furrion 3 burner cooktop has been a very loose fit in the opening in the counter top. At first, I though it was just because it was a poor fit. I have since learned that there is a 'sealing putty' that was supposed to have been installed under and around the lip to prevent it from sliding around and to prevent fluids from getting underneath.
    Said sealing putty was obviously never installed.
    My question is does anyone here know what that putty is? I am wondering if regular grey RV Butyl sealing tape will work?
    I am also reaching out to Furrion but figured I would ask here as well.
    Thanks
    This one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	This one.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	38226
    Manual references "sealant tape" and "sealant putty" but doesn't specify anywhere what the compound is made from. I agree a call to Furrion is in order, unless maybe colan knows what this is?

Look on page 11 for the reference to the "sealing putty".
    Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

This one?
      Yes, that is the one. I did call Furrion but they weren't much help. The CSR I spoke with didn't have a clue and didn't seem too interested in helping.
      I wound up using a bead of Butyl putty (the grey stuff) around the perimeter which seems to have worked OK.
      -
      Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
      2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
      2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
      Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Comment

Working...
      X