No announcement yet.

Haunted TCL television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For whatever it's worth, I have the exact same issue with my 40" TCL ROKU TV (40S325) in my 2020 Imagine 2970RL.

If I leave the TV plugged in to the wall outlet, it will automatically come on when I power up the trailer. It does't matter if I'm plugged in to 50 amp, 30 amp, or even a 20 amp outlet from my garage, as soon as I put power to the trailer, the TV will come on.

My workaround is to unplug the TV from the wall outlet prior to closing up the trailer. When I am setting up the trailer, one of the last things I do is plug the TV back in to the wall outlet. I do that at the same time that I set the clock on the Jensen stereo. It's not a big deal, but it is a curiosity.

More recently I have experienced a malfunction of the TV remote. I replaced the batteries twice in a period of 4 days. I'm not sure the batteries were at fault though. The remote worked intermittently. One day it would be fine, the next it wouldn't work at all.

Bob Anthony

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD Duramax
    Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

We have the same issue with the radio. It would just come on from time to time. when plugged in to shore power. The first time it came on at night I turned the volume down.
      Robert & Jeanette
      2023 23LDE
      2018 F-150
      USCG AMT (Ret)

Comment

I experience the same thing in my 2021 2970RL. Not too worried about it and don't consider it a problem or an issue because I know what to expect. I view it as life with technology. A modern day appliance that was not designed to be repeatedly disconnected and reconnected to power. I'm sure TCL could design an 'RV Television' and mark it up several hundred dollars.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

I know this thread is old, but I figured out the problem. I have a 22MLE with a 32” TCL Roku TV. Had the same issue where you plug into shore power and the TV automatically turns on.

The issue is TVs sometimes get shipped in “Store” mode. Meaning, if it were displayed on a showroom floor, you flick the power and all the TVs come on. No need to turn on each TV individually.

So to fix this, you have to go into the Settings menu, go to Advanced Settings and do a Factory Reset. There are two reset options. I did the full reset and it worked. You have to start from scratch with your settings, so it’s a bit of a hassle but only takes a few minutes. Maybe the other reset option would work, but it appears that it only resets picture and channel settings.

When the reset gets going and reboots the TV, you will want to choose the Home use option. From there just follow the on screen guided setup. Note, if you have a lot of custom settings, you may want to take some pictures of your Settings menu screens before starting the reset. Once configured, you will see in the Settings Menu that there is now an option for Power. Nothing you really need to do there unless you want, as simply getting it out of Store mode and into Home mode solves the auto power-on issue. This may work for other brands of TVs too, but I can only confirm it for sure worked on my TCL.

Comment

your correct its set to store had same issue called Roku and they walked me through the process.
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by allen_mires@yahoo.com View Post
              I have an Imagine XLS 17MKE and have owned it for 1 month. We've had 2 trips camping and 2 trips to the dealer for repairs. One thing they have not fixed is the TCL ROKU television will turn itself on every single time we plug in the 30amp cord. Does anyone else have this problem? The service department seems to think it is the television's fault, but both of our repairs so far have been electrical issues with the inverter and the refrigerator.

Allen and Cyndi
              Bushland, TX
              I can't find the thread but somebody here traced their problem to the TV settings. Look for something like "Demo Mode" in your TV settings.

Tom & Linda
              Coach: 2021 Solitude 378MBS
              Tow Vehicle: TBD
              Georgetown ON Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_378MBS View Post

I can't find the thread but somebody here traced their problem to the TV settings. Look for something like "Demo Mode" in your TV settings.
                It's in the Reference Material channel: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...here-s-the-fix
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_378MBS View Post

Tom - I just shared the text from post #19 here on this thread on another site and that poster said it worked for him. Maybe that is what you are looking for ?

Dan
                  Dan & Carol
                  2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                  2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
                  X