TLC/Roku TV Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLC/Roku TV Question

I have a question on TV. Trying to hook up a Bluetooth Headset to our TCL/Roku Tv in our new 17 MKL TT. My question is has anyone done this and if I use the Optical out jack to a Bluetooth Transmitter will I still have sound coming from the TV speakers? I need to use headset but DW doesn't.

Originally posted by LovejoyLee View Post
    I have a question on TV. Trying to hook up a Bluetooth Headset to our TCL/Roku Tv in our new 17 MKL TT. My question is has anyone done this and if I use the Optical out jack to a Bluetooth Transmitter will I still have sound coming from the TV speakers? I need to use headset but DW doesn't.

Short answer: yes (if your TV works like my TCL).

Long answer: In the TCL 48FD2700 User's Guide (is that the model you have?) on page 11-13 the Sound setup section notes to leave the internal speaker setting to "on". This will provide audio through the TV speakers. The rear audio out jacks should be "live", too.

The issue you may run into with this setup is when your DW adjusts the volume on the TV it will affect the volume in your headset. You'll probably have an independent setting for the headset, so the opposite won't be true (when you adjust your volume it won't affect the TV speakers). As long as you're aware of the issue it should be easy to work around.

I couldn't find a picture of the rear of the TCL, so unsure of exactly what audio out jacks are on your TV.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for input. Should have mention I have a 3-Series 32S325 and I don't think I have that opt in setup, but will go out and look in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by LovejoyLee View Post
        Thanks for input. Should have mention I have a 3-Series 32S325 and I don't think I have that opt in setup, but will go out and look in a bit.
        The manual for your TV is here: https://www.tcl.com/us/en/products/h...mart-tv-32s325

It's got an optical output and a 3.5mm jack for audio out.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	audio out.PNG Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	28673

Page 11 in the manual has the info you are looking for.

Click image for larger version  Name:	info.PNG Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	28674

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X