Norcold 2118 RV Fridge Not Working on Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 2118 RV Fridge Not Working on Electric

I have a 2017 Solitude 310GK with the Norcold RV 18 cu ft fridge. This is the fridge that works on shore power or propane when boondocking.
    There was an electrical system failure early in the life of the RV and the inverter was replaced. At that time the fridge was also fixed as it was not working on electric after the issue. All was OK for about a year.
    Early this year, when I started full timing in the RV, the electric feature would not work. It was a fuse that needed replacement.
    After the fuse replacement the unit worked fine for about 3 months. With the warmer summer weather the refrigerator section would not work on electricity. The freezer was more or less OK, but the only way of knowing the fridge was not working is when I noticed that section getting warm.
    So for the past 3 months or so I have had to run the fridge on propane to get it to work properly.
    I have checked all the fuses and everything seems to be OK. The only other issue which may effect the fridge is I have had auto leveling problems. (See that post as well!) But the fridge still works well on propane!
    Any ideas or suggestions on how I may fix this issue would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    David J.

So the way that I understand and RV fridge is this.
    The whole control of the fridge is done by 12 volt DC power , either on gas or electric.
    The only part that uses 120 volt AC power is the heating element in the tube for heating the gasses for cooling.

Your issue may be the 120 volt AC plug on the rear of the fridge , use a light or a voltage tester to check this plug for 120 volt AC. If 120 volt is present then it may be the heater. Having everything else work I think this would be a good place to start.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you Brian! I will try this first thing tomorrow!

David

Comment

David, What was the outcome? I have a similar issue. Works on gas but won't switch to electric.

Lyle

Comment

Working...
        X