Melting electric wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melting electric wires?

Hi guys, This weekend my wife told me to come up and check out our new trailer (we have it parked at my late father’s house while we work on his estate). She said something smelled when she woke up. Sure enough, when I got up there and opened the door you could smell burning electrical wires. It’s our fridge, no smoke but when I opened the pantry door you could definitely smell burning/melting wires. The fridge was still working and this is the Second time we have used the camper. I obviously turned it off. We had no issues first outing. Any thoughts? It’s the 260 RD With the 12 ft.³ fridge.
    2021 F-350 DRW gasser... 2021 Reflection 260RD

Originally posted by Anthony Graf View Post
    Hi guys, This weekend my wife told me to come up and check out our new trailer (we have it parked at my late father’s house while we work on his estate). She said something smelled when she woke up. Sure enough, when I got up there and opened the door you could smell burning electrical wires. It’s our fridge, no smoke but when I opened the pantry door you could definitely smell burning/melting wires. The fridge was still working and this is the Second time we have used the camper. I obviously turned it off. We had no issues first outing. Any thoughts? It’s the 260 RD With the 12 ft.³ fridge.
    From what I see on the Parts Website at https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/52011, the refrigerator appears to be a Norcold 1210 Ultraline: https://norcold.com/product/norcold-...-refrigerator/

Given the symptoms and that it's a brand new unit I recommend calling your dealer and Grand Design to establish a case number. It may be a simple repair, but a burning electrical smell in/around a refrigerator could be serious.

Please let us know what you find out.

Also--noted your VIN isn't in your profile. If our GD rep wants to reach out to you she'll need that info. "How To" is linked in the Welcome Letter. If you choose to add the VIN please let me know so I can tag our Reflection rep about your situation.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It’s Norcold 121X series and the camper is 2021

Comment

Will get the vin# 573FR3124M3331338 in my profile.

Comment

There’s a brand new dealership that’s 20 minutes away from me that sells grand designs can I take that camper to a different dealership then I purchased it from. I’m assuming I can, because they are authorized grand design dealer.

Comment

There’s a brand new dealership that’s 20 minutes away from me that sells grand designs can I take that camper to a different dealership then I purchased it from. I’m assuming I can, because they are authorized grand design dealer.
            Don't assume that--the dealer close to you is under no obligation to repair your camper. It's not like a car (at all). You can call the dealer and ask, but they may refuse or put you at the end of the line.

If you're far from the dealer where you purchased, GD may authorize a mobile technician to come to you but you'll have to pay the service fee for them to come to you. (The "Service Fee" is not the labor or parts to fix the problem, the fee to drive out to where you are located. Make sure you understand what you're agreeing to pay!)

GDRV-Mariah ... please note this new owner's situation with their refrigerator (burning electrical smell). VIN is in profile or post 4.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Thank you! I will reach out to the customer privately and take it from here!

Comment

Hi y’all, I’m having a challenging time reaching Mariah. She has reached out to me twice so I know it must be me not navigating the site correctly. If anyone has a way of contacting her could you please pass along that we have an appointment on March 16 with the new Lazy Days RV Center to have our refrigerator looked at.

Comment

Hi y’all, I’m having a challenging time reaching Mariah. She has reached out to me twice so I know it must be me not navigating the site correctly. If anyone has a way of contacting her could you please pass along that we have an appointment on March 16 with the new Lazy Days RV Center to have our refrigerator looked at.
                  GDRV-Mariah -- see note from Anthony Graf .

Howard & Francine

Comment

Perfect! Thank you for responding. Glad to hear you have an appt. to get it looked at! Best wishes and let me know if I can further assist.

Comment

Working...
                    X