Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another OneConnect

Hello All
    I had not previously tried to use the oneconnect feature on our rv. I watched the video attached on a previous topic. Downloaded the app and went through the procedure. After I scan the qr it generates the require information but cannot connect. In the help section it says to check the rv gateway. I have not been able to locate this so far. Any suggestions as to where it is?
    Help section said usually located in kitchen cabinets. No luck so far.
    Last edited by MK397THR; 02-13-2021, 03:08 PM.
    2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
    Traded 2021 Reflection 337
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
    Formerly M&K337

Originally posted by M&K337 View Post
    Hello All
    I had not previously tried to use the oneconnect feature on our rv. I watched the video attached on a previous topic. Downloaded the app and went through the procedure. After I scan the qr it generates the require information but cannot connect. In the help section it says to check the rv gateway. I have not been able to locate this so far. Any suggestions as to where it is?
    It may be on top of the hutch if not in any of the other cabinets.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hello All
      Where is the OneTouch Control Panel (OCTP) in your trailer?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

@M&K337 -- I just watched a YouTube video on the '21 337RLS. Apparently the diagram I have is not correct because I didn't see an OCTP in the video. The presenter went through all the cabinets and I didn't spot the gateway.

I'm speculating...but since the connection is Bluetooth (the Momentum is the only series with the WiFi connection to my knowledge) I don't think your 337RLS has a gateway. The bluetooth capability is built into Grand Design's unique CompassConnect panel.

Is bluetooth on your phone on? If "yes", how old is your phone?

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

howson I have the iPhone 8. Purchased when they came out. Yes the Bluetooth is on.
          Formerly M&K337

Comment

Country Campers I did not see it on top of the cabinet. But I would have to get a ladder to make sure.
            Formerly M&K337

Comment

howson I have the iPhone 8. Purchased when they came out. Yes the Bluetooth is on.
              Can you please take a picture of your control panel and post it here?

Howard & Francine

Comment

Country Campers I did not see it on top of the cabinet. But I would have to get a ladder to make sure.
                First--forgive the stumbling around trying to get you an answer. As you can probably tell, I'm still learning this system just like everyone else (but don't have the advantage of actually having the system).

I found a picture of a 2021's 337RLS' control panel online. There's no bluetooth symbol on it, so it's not built into the board. For the benefit of other forum members, I *think* the panels with the bluetooth symbol utilize an X180T Unity board.

The 337RLS uses a Unity X1.5 board. I went through my notes and that board does have bluetooth built in--the QR code under your control panel is duplicated on the X1.5 board. Again, what that means is the bluetooth capability is built into the board, not the control panel. What's probably happening is when trying to pair the phone is too far away from the Unity board.

Where's the unity board in your trailer? I'm guessing (again) but probably in the "basement". It's not inside the interior of the trailer.

If you can find the Unity board it will have the QR sticker on it and you'll likely pair quickly with your phone due to the proximity. Another option is to scan the QR code at the control panel and then quickly (but safely) go outside and get close to the basement door. Hopefully it will pair quickly.

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

howson You triggered the solution when you mentioned it was not the One touch. I had inadvertently gotten the LCI app instead of the GD app. Works much better when you start with the right tools.
                  Thank you for all the prompt responses.
                  Formerly M&K337

Comment

Working...
                  X