No Power to Jensen JWM40 DVD Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power to Jensen JWM40 DVD Player

The Jensen DVD Player in our 2020 2400BH stopped working. It will not turn on. I checked the fuse in back of the unit, and everything in the breaker box. All looks good. I got a circuit tester and it does not look like there is any juice in the power wire going into the back of the unit. The wires go up behind the microwave and into the roof. Any suggestions on what to look for next?? Thanks in advance!

That is probably a multi fused system. There should be a fuse in the distribution panel which sends power to the radio and possibly other 12v equipment. Check each fuse individually in the panel. Any lights indicate blown fuse, but don't trust the lights. Also check to see if there is power but not ground. Several have had grounding and power issues when other work was done to things like the vent fan that because ether shared the same circuit.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks. Is a distribution panel different than the breaker box that has all the normal fuses? Also, with the wiring going up into the roof, any idea where the ground wires typically end up?

Comment

Originally posted by MNLegacy View Post
        Thanks. Is a distribution panel different than the breaker box that has all the normal fuses? Also, with the wiring going up into the roof, any idea where the ground wires typically end up?
        You would only have one distribution panel , 120 v ac and 12 v dc. Check the fuses on the dc side as the radio will be dc powered. The wires that go into the roof may go to an overhead light or such you could pull the light and check there for a bad connection.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

MNLegacy I refer to the 12v system as a distribution panel, and the 120v system as the breaker panel. In some units they are the same, in others they are split.

As Brian stated, look for anything that does not work. If needed see if there is a fuse in the panel labeled Radio, if so pull it and see what goes off. Start with the items closest to the radio and work back toward the panel. Also, try swapping the fuse. I've had fuses that look good, test good, and not power anything. Just enough connection to make you think its OK, when its toast.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by MNLegacy View Post
            The Jensen DVD Player in our 2020 2400BH stopped working. It will not turn on. I checked the fuse in back of the unit, and everything in the breaker box. All looks good. I got a circuit tester and it does not look like there is any juice in the power wire going into the back of the unit. The wires go up behind the microwave and into the roof. Any suggestions on what to look for next?? Thanks in advance!
            The antenna (television) signal booster should be on the same 12v circuit--when engaged does the red light come on?

I found an inoperative light over my couch was due to a poor crimp connection. Something similar could be happening in your radio circuit. This thread may give you an idea of what to look for: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-inop-easy-fix

Ultimately it may take a multimeter (DMM) and lot of patience. Do you have experience with a DMM?

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X