Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the 2021 28BH Reflection stock converter lithium ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the 2021 28BH Reflection stock converter lithium ready?

I am going to be taking delivery in a week and a half on our new 28BH Reflection. Ill for sure be doing a lithium upgrade to the camper as we love our boondocking. Was wondering if anyone knew if the stock converter is lithium ready? Our Jayco Jayflight 26BH was not lithium ready so when I upgraded the battery I ended up having to swap the converter as well.
    2021 Reflection 28BH, 2021 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Originally posted by joelflorek View Post
    I am going to be taking delivery in a week and a half on our new 28BH Reflection. Ill for sure be doing a lithium upgrade to the camper as we love our boondocking. Was wondering if anyone knew if the stock converter is lithium ready? Our Jayco Jayflight 26BH was not lithium ready so when I upgraded the battery I ended up having to swap the converter as well.
    Most likely a swap will be required for full lithium capability. I've haven't read anything to suggest GD is going to a lithium-compatible charger. It has been suggested to GD to upgrade to the WFCO converter that has a switch that makes the charger compatible with more battery types.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Most likely a swap will be required for full lithium capability. I've haven't read anything to suggest GD is going to a lithium-compatible charger. It has been suggested to GD to upgrade to the WFCO converter that has a switch that makes the charger compatible with more battery types.
      Thats frustrating, I would think they would make that standard given the way that battery technology has clearly moved that direction and the lithium upgrades are so common. Didnt take long for me to swap the WFCO converter in the last time around with my Jayco but its one more thing to order, wait for, and then spend a few hours working on once I get the new rig. Not sure Ill be able to swing making the swap to lithium in time for my first trip which is a big bummer.
      Last edited by joelflorek; 08-06-2021, 10:33 AM.
      2021 Reflection 28BH, 2021 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by joelflorek View Post

Thats frustrating, I would think they would make that standard given the way that battery technology has clearly moved that direction and the lithium upgrades are so common. Didnt take long for me to swap the WFCO converter in but its one more thing to order, wait for, and then spend a few hours working on once I get the new rig. Not sure Ill be able to swing making the swap to lithium in time for my first trip which is a big bummer.
        You'll find many who agree with you here on this forum--many of us have upgraded to lithium batteries. I have four Battle Borns in my setup.

Take a look at some of the documented modifications (there's a section with a list). I hope when you do yours that you'll also document any lessons learned and post your mods, too.

In the meantime, enjoy your new trailer!

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X