No announcement yet.

Furrion 12V fridge - light and compressor on but not cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard reset could be achieved by simply pulling the 12V fuse from the panel which would be easier and would not require tools. Also note that many panels are mislabeled so use trial and error to find the appropriate fuse.
    2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      dillpunk -- please do the forum the favor of posting again once this issue is resolved so we learn from your experience. (Thanks in advance!)

Howard
      Well it appears I was wrong and you guys were right. I moved the RV to my storage unit and disconnected the negative lead to the battery. Then I was able to leave the fridge door open to prevent mold growth and air out the burning smell. I got an appointment for the RV to be looked at (4 hrs away). I went to pick up the RV from storage. the fridge had no smell now that there was no power and the doors were open. I had to hook the battery back up and drove it home. The fridge was cold by the time I arrived home. No smell. So the forum was right that disconnecting the battery and reapplying would reset the fridge. I was apparently wrong that the burnt smell was the cause. I decided not to power from shore power last night. Battery was pretty dead this morning. The fridge started smelling burnt already. I can't believe GD doesn't give me any option to turn the fridge off. so disappointing. I'll need to add a switch but I'm afraid that I will void the warranty especially since it does smell like something is burning when voltage gets low. There is a blue wire coming from the battery with a fuse inline. anyone know what this powers? is there any wiring diagrams available online?

Comment

I would definitely not use it and get it checked out if you are experiencing a "burnt smell". When storing your rig turn the fridge control to off and install the door stop that came in the bag with the manual to prevent mold and mildew. The light stays on for a brief period then turns off.
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottb127 View Post

Well it appears I was wrong and you guys were right. I moved the RV to my storage unit and disconnected the negative lead to the battery. Then I was able to leave the fridge door open to prevent mold growth and air out the burning smell. I got an appointment for the RV to be looked at (4 hrs away). I went to pick up the RV from storage. the fridge had no smell now that there was no power and the doors were open. I had to hook the battery back up and drove it home. The fridge was cold by the time I arrived home. No smell. So the forum was right that disconnecting the battery and reapplying would reset the fridge. I was apparently wrong that the burnt smell was the cause. I decided not to power from shore power last night. Battery was pretty dead this morning. The fridge started smelling burnt already. I can't believe GD doesn't give me any option to turn the fridge off. so disappointing. I'll need to add a switch but I'm afraid that I will void the warranty especially since it does smell like something is burning when voltage gets low. There is a blue wire coming from the battery with a fuse inline. anyone know what this powers? is there any wiring diagrams available online?
          No wiring diagrams, unfortunately.

I agree with Reacher -- find the source of that burning smell. A careful inspection of the refrigerator's wiring from the "A" frame all the way to the compressor is what I'd do. My guess is a there will be a splice or possibly even a fuse holder that's failing.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X