Furrion Refrigerator Moisture / Freezing Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uwskier View Post
    Figured out why I was having such condensation issues. There were two plastic round spacers behind the latch strike where it attached to the refrigerator body. The freezer would seal OK with that, but the fridge would not. The shape and length of the latches is different. I removed the strike and the two spacers behind it, reassembled, and now the door to both the fridge and freezer are nice and snug. I can still slide a dollar bill out, but I had a visible gap before if I'd open the freezer and look down at the seal on the fridge.
    I just checked my 2023 295RL that has been building excessive moisture. I removed the two spacers behind the strike and now the door closes tight! Thanks!!!

Comment

We recently returned from a trip to Colorado and had issues with this refrigerator in our 2022 Reflection cooling down. Refrigerator would be around 59 deg F and the freezer varied. Bottom shelf would keep good frozen and top shelf wouldn't make ice in plastic trays. Lots of ice built up on back wall in this frost free refrigerator. I am defrosting now that we are home to see if it will operate normally once defrosted. Anyone?

Comment

To uwskier:
        I have this serious wet area inside the refrigerator (12v Furrion , 16 cu ft model, 2023 260RL coach), and my doors don’t seem to have traditional strikers/latches. Door seal on what seems to be internal vacuum alone. The doors flew open on our first few trips, a bathroom “handhold” fixed that, but the condensation inside is still bad. Seals good/tight, passes “dollar bill” and light test. Anyone have an idea for this model?Thanks

Comment

The hint on the two spacers in post #16 was just the ticket! Thankyou so much! I knew that the fridge was cooling but could only get down to 49F and the condensation was terrible. If you have excessive condensation in the fridge or frost in the freezer then you are leaking moisture in and warm air in period. The most likely culprit is the door seals and on the 10 CF model the mounting frame makes it impossible to see the seals while the doors are closed. The 1/16" that the two plastic spacers adds was just enough to cause the leak. What a simple and free fix that seems to have taken care of the problem. This is the stuff that makes these forums worthwhile. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X