Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade TV Living Room Solitude, How Big?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade TV Living Room Solitude, How Big?

I have a 2022 Solitude 390RK and want to upgrade the TCL 50" to a Samsung 65" (Weight 69lbs). Is this possible?

Originally posted by Nate Allen View Post
    Is this possible?
    The weight of the TCL, according to the specs at https://www.tcl.com/us/en/products/h...mart-tv-50s425 , is 23.1 lbs. A jump to 69 lbs is considerable.

Fortunately the 390RK's TV is mounted to an interior wall, so there's wood structure back there. If I was attempting this change, the fireplace would come out so I could look up inside the wall to see what's there and what it would take to reinforce the area (if any). Consider that the wall / support structure must hold a wall mount sufficiently rated to hold a 65 lbs TV.

Not sure if you're semi-permanent in one spot or if you tow a lot, but if it's the latter case consider mounting such a heavy component carefully. That TV (and mount) will have to survive the rigors of the road.

If you do attempt this, please do the forum the favor of documenting the modification and post the results.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Wow, your right that's quite a jump in weight and I can see where towing could be a problem due to the added stress. I may have to scale down or attempt possible modifications as you suggest. I'll try to document the process that I decide on. I did see an early post that stated the max weight was 50lbs so that may be the target number.

thanks howson!

Comment

Working...
      X