Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with installing a KING Falcon WiFi Antenna on my 2022 Transcend xplor 265BH.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with installing a KING Falcon WiFi Antenna on my 2022 Transcend xplor 265BH.

Hello Everyone. I'm looking for advice on installing a KING KF1001 Falcon WiFi Antenna on my 2022 Transcend xplor 265BH. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2?ie=UTF8&th=1. Looks like I'm going to need to drill through the roof and trying to find the best place to do that. I plan on going up on the roof today and will take some pics and add them today. My TT does have Solar added to there is a access point where two wires go into the roof that I might be able to piggyback off of. Thanks in advance
    Adriana & Kevin
    2017 F150 4x4 with tow package, 5.0L
    2022 Transcend Xplor 265BH
    Upgrades- Solid Steps, JT-Strong Arms.

Looking at the antenna I would guess that the wire will come out of the bottom flange that will attach to the roof. If that is the case find a good spot that you can drill a hole down thru the roof and into a cupboard or near a cupboard so you can put the internals in or on top of the cupboard. Be careful when drill thru the ceiling as there may be wires that you may come in contact with. Drilling the hole in the roof and then with an inspection camera or light look to see if there is any wires in the way before drilling thru the ceiling. Then put the antenna on top of the hole and seal it.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian. Nice I didnt think of just covering the hole with the actual antenna. And I just noticed on the Manuel it gives that as an option as well. https://kingconnect.com/content/Prod...8KF1000%29.pdf22872 Rev E, Installation Guide, KING Falcon, Retail, 01-03-20 COMPRESSED.pdf
      Adriana & Kevin
      2017 F150 4x4 with tow package, 5.0L
      2022 Transcend Xplor 265BH
      Upgrades- Solid Steps, JT-Strong Arms.

Comment

No problem. I am not sure where you will be able to mount it on the roof but I think you will have an easy time determining that. I hope you will do an install post and also let us know how this works, it would help others thinking of doing this, and also help me as I have been thinking of some kind of either cell booster or wifi booster.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Whichever way you choose to run the wiring, see if you can plug the cable exit point with butyl tape or some type of rubber or plastic rod then seal completely with self leveling sealer. Save some sealer and go back over the cable point to help ensure there is not possible way for water to get under the unit.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X